- HTML Tutorial
- HTML - Home
- HTML - Overview
- HTML - Basic Tags
- HTML - Elements
- HTML - Attributes
- HTML - Formatting
- HTML - Phrase Tags
- HTML - Meta Tags
- HTML - Comments
- HTML - Images
- HTML - Tables
- HTML - Lists
- HTML - Text Links
- HTML - Image Links
- HTML - Email Links
- HTML - Frames
- HTML - Iframes
- HTML - Blocks
- HTML - Backgrounds
- HTML - Colors
- HTML - Fonts
- HTML - Forms
- HTML - Embed Multimedia
- HTML - Marquees
- HTML - Header
- HTML - Style Sheet
- HTML - Layouts
- HTML References
- HTML - Tags Reference
- HTML - Attributes Reference
- HTML - Events Reference
- HTML - Fonts Reference
- HTML - ASCII Codes
- ASCII Table Lookup
- HTML - Color Names
- HTML - Entities
- HTML - Fonts Ref
- HTML - Events Ref
- MIME Media Types
- HTML - URL Encoding
- Language ISO Codes
- HTML - Character Encodings
- HTML - Deprecated Tags
Difference Between GET and POST Method in HTML
In this post, we will understand the difference between GET and POST methods in HTML.
The parameters are placed inside the URL.
Its main goal is to retrieve the data/documents present inside it.
It has the ability to bookmark the results of the query.
It is vulnerable, and not secure enough.
This is because the data and credentials are present as plain text.
It can be seen by anyone.
The data constraint is that only ASCII characters are allowed.
It can be up to 2000 characters only.
It is also said to keep the length of the data to a minimum value.
Data can be cached when GET method is used.
It can’t be used to work with foreign languages.
It is used with a lot of search engines.
GET method makes one contact with the web server.
The parameters are placed inside the body.
Its main goal is to update the data/documents present inside it.
It doesn’t have the ability to bookmark the results of the query.
It is safer, and secure enough in comparison to GET method.
It can store data up to 8 Mb.
The length of data can be any value.
It doesn’t display the variable present in the URL.
There are no data constraints, hence all characters are allowed.
Data can’t be cached when POST method is used.
POST method makes two contacts with the web server.
- Related Articles
- What is difference between GET and POST method in HTTP protocol?
- What is the difference between GET and POST in Python CGI Programming?
- Difference between Quantum Cryptography and Post Quantum Cryptography
- Difference between HTML and HTML 5
- POST unchecked HTML checkboxes
- Difference Between XML and HTML
- Difference Between HTML and CSS
- Difference Between HTML and ASP.
- Difference Between RTF and HTML
- Difference between WML and HTML
- Difference between HTML and XHTML
- GET and POST requests using Python Programming
- Difference between Method Overloading and Method Overriding in Java
- Difference between Method Overriding and Method Hiding in C#