- DCN Tutorial
- Data Comm & Networks Home
- DCN - Overview
- DCN - Computer Network Types
- DCN - Network LAN Technologies
- DCN - Computer Network Topologies
- DCN - Computer Network Models
- DCN - Computer Network Security
- Physical Layer
- DCN - Physical Layer Introduction
- DCN - Digital Transmission
- DCN - Analog Transmission
- DCN - Transmission media
- DCN - Wireless Transmission
- DCN - Multiplexing
- DCN - Network Switching
- Data Link Layer
- DCN - Data Link Layer Introduction
- DCN - Error detection and Correction
- DCN - Data Link Control & Protocols
- Network Layer
- DCN - Network Layer Introduction
- DCN - Network Addressing
- DCN - Routing
- DCN - Internetworking
- DCN - Network Layer Protocols
- Transport Layer
- DCN - Transport Layer Introduction
- DCN - Transmission Control Protocol
- DCN - User Datagram Protocol
- Application Layer
- DCN - Application Layer Introduction
- DCN - Client-Server Model
- DCN - Application Protocols
- DCN - Network Services
- DCN Useful Resources
- DCN - Quick Guide
- DCN - Useful Resources
Difference between Amazon Drive and CloudMe
Amazon Drive is a cloud storage service launched by Amazon in 2011, it’s a very safe and secure cloud infrastructure which is well designed and reliable using D3 services (same as many cloud companies that use it to store data). The drive leverages resources from AWS (Amazon Web Services) and is built on top of it.
They offer 5 GB of free storage which can be upgraded on payment and is built into Amazon Fire TV and Amazon Video application.
Amazon Drive enables users to have features like cloud storage, file sharing and photo printing (Applicable only in specific countries).
It even has multilingual support which enables users all across the globe to use it in their regional language.
Data can be accessed and transferred from multiple devices including mobile applications and desktop web browsers.
Amazon Drive is compatible with almost all devices including mac and windows. Though it has many of the mentioned merits they also have some demerits.
Amazon Drive can only be used for personal and non-commercial uses, one cannot use it for commercial purposes or any businesses.
Amazon does not provide automatic file synchronisation/backup on the web, disabling people from accessing their latest desktop version of all their documents and images.
Amazon Drive's services are unavailable in certain countries/zones.
CloudMe offers cloud storage and file synchronization services. It is owned and operated by CloudMe AB, a Swedish company, and has its servers operated in Sweden. It was founded in 2012 by Daniel Arthursson.
Initially, it was named iCloud.com but had to change it since Apple acquired the domain for a reported amount of 4.5 million US Dollars.
CloudMe has cloud storage and sync solution that allows users to store, access, and share their stuff with one another and those who aren't using the service. Email, text messaging, Facebook, and Google are all options for sharing.
Files can be saved in a blue folder that syncs across all linked computers and devices.
CloudTop.com is a web desktop and cloud OS service that uses CloudMe as its internet file system. They offer 3GB of free storage for their users and can be expanded to 5TB for businesses with client-side encryption.
Difference between Amazon Drive and CloudMe
The following table highlights the major differences between Amazon Drive and CloudMe −
|Offers 5 GB of free storage||It offers 3 GB of free storage to users|
|Only limited storage is available.||Maximum storage space is 5TB for businesses.|
|Cannot use it for commercial purposes||Can be used for both commercial and personal uses|
|Not encrypted||Client side encrypted|
|Not available globally||Available globally|
|No file versioning supported||Partly supports file versioning|
- Related Articles
- Difference between Amazon Drive and Amazon S3
- Difference between Google Drive and CloudMe
- Difference between Amazon Drive and Mega
- Difference between Amazon Drive and Jumpshare
- Difference between Amazon Drive and Box
- Difference between Amazon Drive and Backblaze B2
- Difference between Amazon Drive and HCL Connections
- Differentiate between Amazon Drive and RapidShare
- What are the differences between Amazon S3 and CloudMe?
- What are the differences between Amazon Drive and SecureSafe?
- What are the differences between Amazon Drive and SugarSync?
- What are the differences between Amazon Drive and Wuala?
- What are the differences between Amazon Drive and Zetta?
- What are the differences between Amazon Drive and ShareFile?
- What are the differences between Amazon Drive and pCloud?