- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Baseball Game in Python
Suppose we have a baseball game point recorder. We have a list of strings; each string can be one of the 4 following types −
- Integer (one round's score) − Indicates the number of points we get in this round.
- "+" (one round's score) − Indicates the points we get in this round are the sum of the last two valid round's points.
- "D" (one round's score ) − Indicates the points we get in this round are the doubled data of the last valid round's points.
- "C" (an operation, which isn't a round's score) − Indicates the last valid round's points we get were invalid and should be removed.
Note that each round's operation is permanent and could have an impact on the round before and the round after. We have to find the sum of the points we could get in all the rounds.
So, if the input is like ["5","2","C","D","+"], then the output will be 30. This is actually for
- Round 1 − We could get 5 points. The sum is: 5.
- Round 2 − We could get 2 points. The sum is: 7.
- Operation 1 − The data of the round 2 was invalid. The sum is: 5.
- Round 3 − We could get 10 points. The sum is: 15.
- Round 4 − We could get 5 + 10 = 15 points. The sum is: 30.
To solve this, we will follow these steps −
- stack := empty list
- for each i in ops, do
- if i is same as "+", then
- first := stack[size of stack - 1], second := stack[size of stack - 2]
- insert (first + second) into stack at the end
- otherwise when i is same as "D", then
- insert (last element of stack * 2) into stack at the end
- otherwise when i is same as "C", then
- delete last element from stack
- insert i into stack at the end
- if i is same as "+", then
- return sum of all elements of stack
Let us see the following implementation to get better understanding −
class Solution: def calPoints(self, ops): stack =  for i in ops: if i == "+": first, second = stack[len(stack) - 1], stack[len(stack) - 2] stack.append(first + second) elif i == "D": stack.append(stack[-1] * 2) elif i == "C": stack.pop() else: stack.append(int(i)) return sum(stack) ob = Solution() print(ob.calPoints(["5","2","C","D","+"]))
- Hangman Game in Python?
- Jump Game in Python
- Hangman Game in Python Programming
- Jump Game II in Python
- Color game using Tkinter in Python
- Binary Tree Coloring Game in Python
- Bob's Game in Python
- How to develop a game in Python?
- Catching the ball game using Python
- Program to fill Min-max game tree in Python
- Program to find winner of stone game in Python
- Stone Game in C++
- Elimination Game in C++
- Dungeon Game in C++
- Zuma Game in C++