- Python Basic Tutorial
- Python - Home
- Python - Overview
- Python - Environment Setup
- Python - Basic Syntax
- Python - Comments
- Python - Variables
- Python - Data Types
- Python - Operators
- Python - Decision Making
- Python - Loops
- Python - Numbers
- Python - Strings
- Python - Lists
- Python - Tuples
- Python - Dictionary
- Python - Date & Time
- Python - Functions
- Python - Modules
- Python - Files I/O
- Python - Exceptions
- Python Advanced Tutorial
- Python - Classes/Objects
- Python - Reg Expressions
- Python - CGI Programming
- Python - Database Access
- Python - Networking
- Python - Sending Email
- Python - Multithreading
- Python - XML Processing
- Python - GUI Programming
- Python - Further Extensions
How to develop a game in Python?
We can develop games in Python using PyGame. PyGame is a Python module that is used to develop games. This module includes computer graphics and sound libraries used in video game development.
To develop game in Python, we need PyGame. Therefore, we need to install PyGame.
We should Python and pip preinstalled on our system before installing PyGame.
Open the terminal and type the following command to install PyGame.
py -m pip install -U pygame --user
The PyGame module needs to be imported in Python IDE before writing the program for the game. There is some common code that includes displaying the pygame window of the desired size and closing the window.
import pygame pygame.init() screen = pygame.display.set_mode((400,500)) d=True while d: for event in pygame.event.get(): if event.type == pygame.QUIT: d = False pygame.display.flip()
The output will be a Pygame window with a quit and minimize button on the top right as any normal window.
- Related Articles
- How to develop a Python Module?
- How to develop programs with Python Namespaced Packages?
- Python Challenges to Develop Your Skills
- Develop Notepad using Tkinter in python
- How to Develop Generic Classes
- How to develop a soft keyboard for Android?
- Hangman Game in Python?
- Jump Game in Python
- Baseball Game in Python
- Fostering Creativity: How to Develop Creativity?
- How to Develop and Nurture a Six Sigma Culture?
- Hangman Game in Python Programming
- Jump Game II in Python
- How to develop a speech recognizer in android without Google API?
- Program to find winner of a rower reducing game in Python