- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Are there any special foods to keep your eyes healthy?
The key to maintaining a proper diet in order to keep your eyes healthy is to consume a balanced diet. Problems related to the eyes such as cataracts, glaucoma, dry eyes and poor night vision is because of not having a proper diet and providing your eyes with the right nutrition.
A balanced diet includes a combination of dairy products, proteins, fruits, and vegetables. Let's discuss some of the healthiest foods that you can eat in order to provide the nutrition to your eyes.
As everyone knows that fish is generally a very healthy choice of food as it provides us with a lot of nutrients that are required for the human body, especially the eye. Fish, such as salmon provide us with great omega 3 fatty acids and their fatty acids are considered to be a good source of fat. You can eat a fish in any way possible such as grilling it or boiling it. Making a curry out of the fish isn’t recommended as the nutrients in the fish are taken out in the process of making the curry. This is one of the healthiest options available.
The yolk of the eggs contains various enriching nutrients such as lutein, zeaxanthin, vitamin A, and zinc. The cornea is safeguarded by the consumption of vitamin A as it is the surface of the eye. Other nutrients present in the yolk reduce the chances of getting serious conditions related to the eye such as cataracts. Zinc improves the night vision quality in people. Eggs can be hard-boiled or used in salads and sandwiches.
Almonds are very good for the eyes as it consists of a lot of vitamin E which guards the healthy tissues in the body. Regular consumption of almonds reduces the risk of getting age-related macular degeneration and cataracts. Having a serving of 23 nuts a day will give you almost 15mg of vitamin E that is more than sufficient for the eyes to remain healthy. Almonds can be enjoyed as a snack too, but beware of the high calories in almonds.
Products obtained from the dairy such as milk and yogurt provide good nutrition to the eyes. Dairy products consist of Zinc and Vitamin A that play a very crucial role in providing proper nutrients to the eyes. Zinc helps on delaying cataracts and the products that are made from the milk of grass-fed cows give the utmost benefits. Yogurt is also a healthy option in dairy products.
Carrots are a well-known source of beta carotene that prevents eye infections. They are also widely available and can be used as a type of snack. They can even be tossed into salads and soups in order to get a better taste and to have a different variety of serving.
- Related Articles
- What to do to keep my eyes healthy?
- Are there any other healthy teas along with green tea?
- Ten Foods that Keep your Blood Sugar Under Control
- What are the healthy weight gain foods for babies?
- 10 Healthy Foods That Are Great Sources of Iron
- 10 Healthy Foods That Boost Energy
- How we have to keep ourselves fit and healthy?
- Is there any technique to stop your orgasms from fading?
- What are the compulsory foods to eat every day for healthy diet and glowing skin?
- Tips to Hydrate Your Way to Healthy Skin
- How to stay healthy in your daily life?
- Are there any ways to Manipulate Strings in Java.
- Top Ways to Keep Your Data Private
- 10 High-Fibered Foods to Add to Your Diet
- How to make your hairs healthy using coconut milk?