- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
The benefits of good Database Design
A good database design has many benefits and is a goal to achieve for every DBA −
Easy Retrieval of Information
If the design is developed properly, then it would be easier to retrieve information. Correct design means the tables, constraints, and relationships created are flawless.
Changes that you make to the value of a given field will not adversely affect the values of other fields within the table.
Easy to Maintain
The database structure should be easy to maintain. The design is perfect if changes in one field is not affecting changes in another field.
With a good design, you can enhance the quality and consistency of information.
If the database is well defined, then the flaws and issues of a poorly designed database will not need to be addressed.
- Objectives of a good Database Design
- Database Design Methodologies
- Benefits of using SAP HANA database views
- What are the different benefits of using programming languages in compiler design?
- Explain the factors influencing physical database design
- Major Concerns with Database Design
- Importance of Entity-Relationship diagram in database design
- The Benefits of Multithreaded Programming
- What are the benefits of meditation?
- What are the benefits of wheatgrass?
- What are some good tools to visualize MySQL database schema?
- Benefits of using Bootstrap
- What are the health benefits of lettuce?
- What are the major benefits of Ayurveda?
- What are the health benefits of capsicum?