- DBMS Tutorial
- DBMS - Home
- DBMS - Overview
- DBMS - Architecture
- DBMS - Data Models
- DBMS - Data Schemas
- DBMS - Data Independence
- Entity Relationship Model
- DBMS - ER Model Basic Concepts
- DBMS - ER Diagram Representation
- DBMS - Generalization, Aggregation
- Relational Model
- DBMS - Codd's Rules
- DBMS - Relational Data Model
- DBMS - Relational Algebra
- DBMS - ER to Relational Model
- DBMS- SQL Overview
- Relational Database Design
- DBMS - Database Normalization
- DBMS - Database Joins
- Storage and File Structure
- DBMS - Storage System
- DBMS - File Structure
- Indexing and Hashing
- DBMS - Indexing
- DBMS - Hashing
- Transaction And Concurrency
- DBMS - Transaction
- DBMS - Concurrency Control
- DBMS - Deadlock
- Backup and Recovery
- DBMS - Data Backup
- DBMS - Data Recovery
- DBMS Useful Resources
- DBMS - Quick Guide
- DBMS - Useful Resources
- DBMS - Discussion
Objectives of a good Database Design
Good Database Design is what everyone wants to achieve to avoid the consequences of dealing with a bad design.
The following are the objectives of a good database design −
Avoid Redundant Data
The table in the database should be constructed following standards and with utmost dedication. It should have different fields and minimize redundant data. The table should always have a Primary Key that would be a unique id.
The database should follow the standards and conventions and provide meaningful information useful to the organization.
Integrity assists in guaranteeing that the values are valid and faultless. Data Integrity is set to tables, relationships, etc.
The database developed should be worked upon with the conventions and standards, so that it can be easily modified whenever the need arise.
- Related Articles
- The benefits of good Database Design
- Database Design Methodologies
- Automated Database Design Tools
- Major Concerns with Database Design
- Importance of Entity-Relationship diagram in database design
- Explain the factors influencing physical database design
- Understanding the Objectives of a Business Requirements Document
- Define financial objectives of an organisations.
- What are SMART Objectives?
- What are the Objectives of Credit Policy?
- What are some good tools to visualize MySQL database schema?
- What are the objectives of a company's Dividend Policy?
- Computer Network - Definition, Components, Objectives
- What are the objectives and features of trial balances?
- List the non-financial performances objectives.