- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Objectives of a good Database Design
Good Database Design is what everyone wants to achieve to avoid the consequences of dealing with a bad design.
The following are the objectives of a good database design −
Avoid Redundant Data
The table in the database should be constructed following standards and with utmost dedication. It should have different fields and minimize redundant data. The table should always have a Primary Key that would be a unique id.
The database should follow the standards and conventions and provide meaningful information useful to the organization.
Integrity assists in guaranteeing that the values are valid and faultless. Data Integrity is set to tables, relationships, etc.
The database developed should be worked upon with the conventions and standards, so that it can be easily modified whenever the need arise.
- The benefits of good Database Design
- Database Design Methodologies
- Major Concerns with Database Design
- Importance of Entity-Relationship diagram in database design
- Understanding the Objectives of a Business Requirements Document
- Define financial objectives of an organisations.
- Explain the factors influencing physical database design
- What are SMART Objectives?
- Requirements of a Good Lighting Scheme
- What are some good tools to visualize MySQL database schema?
- What are the objectives of a company's Dividend Policy?
- What are the objectives and features of trial balances?
- List the non-financial performances objectives.
- What is the objectives of Access Control in information security?
- Features and Advantages of a Good Illumination Scheme