- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to use Meta Tag to redirect an HTML page?
Page redirection is a situation where you clicked a URL to reach a page X but internally you were directed to another page Y. It happens due to page redirection.
To use a META Tag to redirect your site is quite easy. With this, use the http-equiv attribute to provide an HTTP header for the value of the content attribute.
The following is an example of redirecting current page to another page after 2 seconds. If you want to redirect page immediately then do not specify the content attribute.
<!DOCTYPE html> <html> <head> <title>HTML Meta Tag</title> <meta http-equiv = "refresh" content = "2; url = https://www.tutorialspoint.com" /> </head> <body> <p>This is demo text.</p> </body> </html>
- How to redirect from an HTML page?
- How to use title tag in HTML Page?
- HTML <Meta> Tag
- How to use an HTML tag inside HTML table?
- How to use the <style> tag to define style information for an HTML page?
- How to use the <base> tag to define the base URL for an HTML page?
- HTML Viewport meta tag for Responsive Web Design
- Why do we use head tag in HTML Page?
- How to use an animated image in HTML page?
- What are the different <meta> tags to define special meta information in HTML page?
- How to make a page redirect using jQuery?
- How to replace default meta tag from “layout” with customizing meta tags in “view” with HTML?
- How to create an inline frame using the <iframe> tag inside an HTML page?
- How to automatically redirect a Web Page to another URL?