- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Examples of E-R model
ER model is used to represent real life scenarios as entities. The properties of these entities are their attributes in the ER diagram and their connections are shown in the form of relationships.
Some examples of ER model are −
Hospital ER Model
This is an ER model of a Hospital. The entities are represented in rectangular boxes and are Patient, Tests and Doctor.
Each of these entities have their respective attributes which are −
Patients - ID(primary key), name, age,visit_date
Tests- Name(primary key), date, result
Doctor- ID(primary key), name, specialization
The relationships between different entities are represented by a diamond shaped box.
Company ER Model
The entities in this ER model are Employee, Department and Project. These entities have the following attributes −
Employee - ENO(Primary Key) , Name, Salary
Department - DNO(Primary key), Name, Locations
Project - PNO(Primary key), Name
The relationships in this ER model are represented as Works for and Controls.
- Converting E-R model into relational model
- Comparison between E-R Model and Object Oriented Model
- Difference Between E-R Model and Relational Model in DBMS
- Extended Entity-Relationship (EE-R) Model
- How to extract the model equation from model object in R?
- How to find the residual of a glm model in R?
- What does the method addFirst(E e) do in java?
- What does the method addLast(E e) do in java?
- e-Commerce Testing: How to Test an e-Commerce Website?
- How to create a polynomial model in R?
- How to create polynomial regression model in R?
- How to find residual variance of a linear regression model in R?
- What is E-Governance?
- What are some examples of data sets with missing values in R?
- Exploring ERP Modules of Oracle E-Business Suite