- Computer Concepts Tutorial
- Computer Concepts - Home
- Introduction to Computer
- Introduction to GUI based OS
- Elements of Word Processing
- Spread Sheet
- Introduction to Internet, WWW, Browsers
- Communication & Collaboration
- Application of Presentations
- Application of Digital Financial Services
- Computer Concepts Resources
- Computer Concepts - Quick Guide
- Computer Concepts - Useful Resources
- Computer Concepts - Discussion
Computer Concepts - Web Browsing Software
"World Wide Web" or simple "Web" is the name given to all the resources of internet. The special software or application program with which you can access web is called "Web Browser".
Launching a Web Browser
Web browser is an application that is located on a computer’s disk. Once you have an internet connection, you can launch a web browser using the following methods −
Step 1 − Go to "Start Menu".
Step 2 − From the menu opened, click on the web browser (Mozilla, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer).
Method 2 − Alternate way is to click the shortcut icon on the taskbar or desktop.
Popular Web Browsing Software
The most popular web browsing software includes −
Opera is a web browsing software developed in the year 1995 by Opera Software. It is designed to work on all operating systems like Windows, Macintosh, and Linux and is written using C++ language.
Internet Explorer is a web browsing software developed in the year 1995 by Microsoft. It is designed to work on all operating systems like Windows, Macintosh, Linux and Android and is written using C++ language.
Kickstart Your Career
Get certified by completing the courseGet Started