- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Write about trading accounts on financial statements.
Trading account is the account which maintains trading activities of the firm. The entries mainly include net sales, cost of goods sold. This tells whether final result is loss or profit.
|To opening stock||XXXX||By sales XXXX|
|To purchases XXXX||Less: return inwards (XXX)||XXXX|
|Less: Return outwards (XXX)||XXXX||By closing stock||XXXX|
|To wages||XXX||By Gross Loss||XXX|
|To Carriage inwards||XXX|
|To freight inwards/cartage||XXX|
|To Gross profit c/d||XXX|
Features of trading account are as follows −
- Preparation of accounting statements of trading activities.
- Records net sales and cost of goods sold.
- Balance these accounts to find whether it profit or loss.
- Transfer balance to profit and loss account.
Contents of a trading accounting are as follows −
Opening stock − Means finished goods only. Amount is taken from trial balance.
Purchases − It includes purchases amount and credit purchases during year.
Direct expenses − Expense incurred from time of purchases to finished goods in suitable conditions.
Gross profit − If credit side is greater than debit side.
Items in trading account are as follows −
Sales revenue − Income comes from business activities.
Closing stock − Finished goods only.
Gross loss − If debit side is greater than credit side.
|To opening stock a/c||XXXX|
|To purchases a/c||XXXX|
|To direct expenses a/c||XXXX|
|(Being opening stock, purchases and direct expenses are transferred to trading A/c|
For transfer of net sales and closing stock to trading account
|Ending stock A/c||XXXX|
|To Trading A/c||XXXX|
|(Being sales, closing stock transferred to trading account )|
When gross profit transfer to P&L A/c
|To profit & Loss A/c||XXXX|
|(As gross profit transferred to profit & Loss A/c)|
When gross loss transfers to profit and loss account
|Profit & Loss A/C||XXXX|
|To TRADING ACCOUNT||XXXX|
|(Being the gross loss transferred to profit & Loss A/c|
- Related Articles
- Explain about various financial statements in financial management.
- Write about Financial breakeven in financial management.
- Write about profit and loss(P/L) on financial statement.
- Write about cost of capital in financial management.
- What are various basic stock trading terms in financial markets?
- Write the difference between horizontal and vertical analysis of financial statements.
- Limitations Of Financial Statements
- Explain about financial strategy.
- What are provision in financial statements?
- What are reserves in financial statements?
- Explain about financial system in India.
- Explain about modelling in financial management.
- Explain about forecasting in financial management.
- Explain about factoring in financial management.
- Explain about cash flows in financial management.