- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Write the difference between horizontal and vertical analysis of financial statements.
The major differences between horizontal analysis and vertical analysis of financial statements are as follows −
Its main aim is to compare line items to calculate the changeover the time.
In this, information is compared line by line to make decisions.
It is useful when financial results of current/targeted years are compared with previous financial years.
It states growth/decline of an item.
It tells about changes in items over the time.
It is used in intra comparison.
It is used in income statements, balance sheets, retained earnings statements.
It includes long term planning.
Its main purpose is to compare change in percentages.
In this, each line item is compared with another item in terms of percentages to make decisions.
It is useful when the results are compared with competitors.
It states forecasting and determining the relative proportion of an item.
It tells about proportion of items to common items in a single year.
It is used in both infra and inter comparisons.
It is used in income tax, sales figures and operating costs.
It includes short term planning.
- Difference between vertical integration and horizontal integration
- Write the difference between comparative analysis and common size analysis.
- Write the difference between financial leverage and operating leverage.
- Write about trading accounts on financial statements.
- Write the differences between financial accounting and management accounting.
- Difference Between Cross-Sectional Analysis and Time Series Analysis
- CSS Central, Horizontal and Vertical Alignment
- Define financial statement analysis in financial management.
- Vertical and Horizontal Scrollbars on Tkinter Widget
- Write the difference between debentures and bonds.
- Write the difference between leasing and financing.
- Write the difference between tax and duty.
- Write the difference between duty and tariff.
- Write the difference between loan and mortgage.
- Write the difference between shareholder and stakeholder.