- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Why use Selenium WebDriver for Web Automation?
Selenium webdriver is used widely for web automation. This because of the reasons listed below −
Selenium webdriver comes without any cost and we do not need to buy a license for its usage. We can just download and start using it for automating the test cases.
Selenium webdriver can be used to stimulate human-like actions like drag and drop, keypress, click and hold, and so on. This is done with the help of the Actions class.
Selenium webdriver has a very friendly API which makes it easier for the users.
Selenium webdriver can be used to test an application in multiple browsers like Chrome, Firefox, Safari, IE, and so on.
Selenium webdriver can be integrated with external testing frameworks like TestNG, Maven and JUnit.
Selenium webdriver can be used with continuous integration tools like Jenkins.
Selenium webdriver has a big and active community where we can post our Selenium related queries for solutions.
Selenium webdriver can be used on multiple platforms like Windows, Linux, Mac, and so on.
Selenium webdriver helps to execute test cases in headless mode. An execution in headless mode saves a considerable amount of resources and time.
Selenium webdriver has the ability to test more than one device like Android, Blackberry, and iPhones.
Selenium webdriver gives the option to reuse test cases since after a test case has been created it can be made to execute in more than one browser.
Selenium webdriver supports various types of testing like smoke, sanity, regression, integration, acceptance, and so on.
Selenium webdriver is highly flexible and is compatible with many test management tools and third party APIs.
- How to use Selenium WebDriver for Web Automation?
- Selenium Web Test Automation Framework Best Practices.
- Modern Web Automation With Python and Selenium
- Why do we use WebDriver instead of Selenium IDE?
- Why does the Selenium WebDriver have an edge over Selenium RC?
- Selenium versus BeautifulSoup for Web Scraping.
- How to verify color of a web element in Selenium Webdriver?
- Selenium RC vs Selenium webdriver.
- How can I scroll a web page using selenium webdriver in python?
- Selenium WebDriver StaleElementReferenceException.
- Google Search Automation with Python Selenium
- How to use Selenium webdriver to click google search?
- How to use clickandwait in Selenium Webdriver using Java?
- Refreshing web page by WebDriver when waiting for specific condition.
- Jenkins for Test Automation