- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Why do Passports have different colours ?
Most passports in the world are based on Red, Green and blue primary colors, though there is an enormous degree of variation in hues. The passport of a country represents their Geography, politics, and even religion.
Although there is nothing that stipulates the color of the Passport Cover, it depicts the nation's Identity. The color of the passport is potentially influenced by culture and History also. There is another practical interpretation in selecting dark colors for the cover of a Passport is they show less dirt and tends to look more official.
The US passport cover has seen several changes in color, from red to green and now blue. Most of the Islamic countries use Green color passport cover. Switzerland uses bright red. Zambia and Newzealand use black color cover.
There are so many color variations because “Governments around the world have the freedom to choose the color and design,” according to the International Civil Aviation Organization, which issues passport standards on cover size, format, and technology.
- Why do identical twins have different fingerprints?
- Why do humans have different types of teeth?
- Why do we have a different time zones and why GMT is considered as the standard?
- Why do we have mirrors in Lifts?
- Why do humans have fear of dark?
- Why we do not have global variables in C#?
- Why do I get different timestamps in python on different machines?
- Why do teenagers feel they have only rights and no responsibilities?
- Why the desert plants have thorns?
- Why do some Python functions have underscores "__" before and after the function name?
- Why do integers in database row tuple have an 'L' suffix in MySQL?
- Why did civilizations cultivate close only to rivers and what significance do rivers still have?
- Why do we sneeze?
- Do Testers have to Write Code?
- Why C++ does not have a virtual constructor?