- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Why do Indian people love street food in spite of having good restaurants?
Everybody knows that street food is not so hygienic and not very healthy compared to restaurants, but still, people love to eat street food because of the large varieties available at a cheaper price. It is mostly people from middle class and lower middle class who want to taste a variety of food at an affordable price indulge into street food.
There is one more thing. If you want to taste local recipes of any place, it is better to indulge in street food. They are made the authentic way as the recipe should be made according to the local taste. We can see in tourism places people flocking near local food places to taste the local recipes. In restaurants, we do not get the local taste. They have some standards to meet and if you eat 'mutter paneer' in any corner of India, it will taste more or less the same.
Let us see some of the attractions in street foods:
1. Cheap/Inexpensive − The biggest reason that we all loves to eat street food is that it’s way more economical or cheap than the food of Restaurants/Hotels. Street Food is very economical for the middle-class people and that’s why the major chunk of that class prefers street food the most.
2. Represents the Local Cuisine − If you are a True Foodie, then you will explore the best places to get the finest local food and that’s definitely not the Restaurants. If you want to try the Local food of Mumbai, Delhi or other cities, then you surely go to street food places as they serve you the finest food items of local cuisine.
3. Saves the Time − If you are feeling very hungry and can’t wait hours to get your order, then Street Food is the only savior for you. You have to wait at least 35 minutes to 1 hour to get your order and that’s seriously a waste of time. In the cases of Street Food, it saves a lot of time as it’s prepared very fast and you don’t have to give your order to waiters.
4. Food prepared in front of you − The best part of eating street food is that it’s prepared in front of you. If you don’t like to eat spicy food or sweet then you can say directly to the cook for changes in spices and vice versa. And it gives a better feeling while watching your food preparation in front of your eyes.
5. Contributes Local Economy − I have so many people in my knowledge that eats street food just because they believe that eating in at the western restaurants will benefit nothing much to our country, but surely to western countries. Eating street food is definitely great for the economy and promoting local talent.
6. Street Food is so yummy − Am I the only one who believes that Street Food is way better than Food of Hotels or Restaurants! The taste of street food is very authentic and real and that’s what we didn’t get it from the food of Restaurants. If you want to try the food of any cuisine, just eat the street food of that place to get the real taste.
7. The menu is always available − You will never be told ‘Sorry it is not in the Menu today’ like Restaurants. The best part of street food is that they have everything available which is on their menu list and you will not be disappointed at all. This reason is surely a great message to everyone that street food is prepared for the Food lovers and not for the purpose of today’s special.
- Why do Indians like street food?
- Why do Indians love Dhaba food?
- Why do hackers love Public WiFi?
- Why do people in Indian film industry, i.e. Bollywood not make movies of the same quality as 'Inception'?
- Why do Naxalites target the Indian army?
- Why do people get angry frequently?
- Why do we need Good Manners?
- Why do people donate for social causes?
- Why do the Japanese people make origami?
- Why do organisms take food?
- Why do we take food?
- Why do we eat food?
- Why do people often get heart attacks in bathrooms?
- Why do most of the Indian Deo Ads employ Bengali ladies?
- During summers why do people feel more hot in Delhi than people living in Mumbai ?