- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Why are women considered bad drivers?
We hear this biased statements all the time -- Woman can't park properly, they do not know how to change the lane, they drive too slow, they cannot react fast, they talk on the phone while driving and to the extent that they put on makeup while driving!!!
Many feel that woman have poor navigation skills and cannot judge the distances as well as men. Are all these allegations about woman drivers are true?
Studies conducted by scientists in Germany show that Testosterone, a male hormone is responsible for spatial ability in a person. This spatial ability gives you the skills to assess spaces and judge distances which are essential for driving. Since the testosterone will be less in a woman, some of these may be true.
Yet, one more interesting factor is that women make fewer accidents than men. This could be because men have more tendency to engage in aggressive and risk-taking behavior, and drive while drunk when compared to women. Men are more prone to indulge in traffic violations as well.
After all, women are not bad drivers !!!
- Why the use of "using namespace std' considered bad practice?
- Why “using namespace std” is considered bad practice in C++
- Why are women smarter than men?
- Why is it considered a bad practice to omit curly braces in C/C++?
- Why are global variables bad in C/C++?
- Why are women more prone to Calcium Deficiency?
- Why is women empowerment related to education of women?
- Why are Capital Budgeting Decisions considered important for a firm?
- Why are Indian women cricket matches not getting the broadcasters?
- Why Lord Krishna is considered supreme god?
- Why Dante is considered a great poet?
- Why is river Ganga considered as sacred?
- What are bad links?