- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Which of the following gives the correct increasing order of acidic strength
(a) Water < Acetic acid < Hydrochloric acid
(b) Water < Hydrochloric acid< Acetic acid
(c) Acetic acid< Water < Hydrochloric acid
(d) Hydrochloric acid < Water < Acetic acid
Correct Answer: (a) Water < Acetic acid < Hydrochloric acid
Explanation: HCl has the highest acidic strength as it is a strong acid and completely or 100% ionizes into its ions which is shown by its dissociation constant.
Acetic acid partially dissociates into its ions and at the equilibrium stage, both the ions, acetate, and hydrogen ions are present so it has less acidic strength than HCl.
Water is the weakest of all and its ions hydrogen and hydroxide ions keep on forming water molecules at the equilibrium stage.
- What is the effect of hyaluronic acid on skin/health?
- Difference Between Acid Test Ratio and Current Ratio
- Types of Electric Water Heater (Plate Heater, Immersion Water Heater, Geyser)
- How to purify water at home without a water purifying machine?
- What are the health benefits of drinking jeera water daily?
- What are the health benefits of rice water for babies?
- Find amount of water wasted after filling the tank in C++
- In what ways hot water is better over cold water to drink?
- How does the water inside a clay pot get cold?
- Trapping Rain Water in Python
- Program to check if water tank overflows when n solid balls are dipped in the water tank in C++
- Water on Mars. Is Life next?
- Container With Most Water in Python
- Water and Jug Problem in C++
- Swim in Rising Water in C++
- Container with Most Water in C++