- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Which battle was Napoleon Bonaparte's greatest victory?
It is the Battle of Austerlitz which is also known as the Battle of three Emperors and is considered as Napoleon's greatest victory in history. The battle of Austerlitz which was held on Dec 5th, 1805 resulted in a tremendous victory for Napoleon.
He executed his complex and inexplicable war strategies where he had placed artillery, cavalry, and infantry accordingly in the battlefield. In spite of having lesser army than the enemies, he won over them with his strategy.
Valour Par Excellence
The Russo-Austrian force of 85,000 couldn’t let Napoleon’s courage down and he succeeded in enticing the emperors Francis I and Alexander I to fight in the battleground of his choice. Despite having a force of only 67,000 soldiers, Napoleon’s brilliant attempt of luring the enemy forces by feigning weakness made Russians and Austrians believe that they took a high ground.
French acted like they would retreat which made the enemy force fall into their trap, unknowingly. Then a sudden ambushing counter-strike by French stupefied them, which brought Napoleon a great victory over such a great force, where all the credit goes to his remarkable tactics.
- Related Articles
- Why is Napoleon Bonaparte called a Great War strategist?
- Which was the first battle in India fought with artillery?
- Battle of Buxar
- Battle of Plassey
- 5 Things Selena Gomez's Battle with Lupus Taught about Autoimmune Disease
- Which is the greatest 5 -digit number?
- Which part of an atom was discovered by Rutherford's alpha-particle scattering experiment?
- Difference Between General Quarters and Battle Stations
- Spain and Britain-Battle of the sea
- Which one is the greatest number ? 3456 or 78910
- Has there ever been a battle of books?
- In which year cell was discovered?
- Pulkit's salary was Rs 35,000. He got a raise of Rs 7,000. Reena's salary was Rs 24,000. She was given a raise of Rs 6,000. Find what fraction of the original income the raise was for each and which one of the two got a higher raise.
- Find the greatest five-digit number, which is a perfect square.
- Find the greatest four digit number which is a perfect square.