- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What makes John Donne a unique poet?
404 - Page Not Found
We're sorry, but the page you were looking for doesn't exist.
Here are some useful links
Well, I am not saying this just for the sake of making a statement. John Donne was, is, and will always be my favorite poet for penning down a fine number of poems and reading them is a great satisfaction to your soul. Be it his love poems, religious or metaphysical ones all extend the joy of reading. The following characteristics of John Donne’s poetry put him in the league of a unique poet:
John Donne is widely known for using the far-fetched similes, which adds a great flavor to his poetry. You pick any poem and you’ll find a simile, which is never used by any other poet the way Donne used it. For instance:
"So let us melt, and make no noise,/ No tear-floods, nor sigh-tempests move;/ 'Twere profanation of our joys/ To tell the laity our love." Their love is not the ordinary love of mere mortals. It is on a celestial level. The simile reveals how the love that the speaker and his beloved share is not merely sense-based, it transcends the physical. So, for them, being apart won't cause distress.
- What makes a mind creative?
- What makes Python Cool?
- What makes blockchain secure?
- What makes Telnet vulnerable?
- Can a poet be a hero?
- What makes a person a champion at anything?
- What makes elections in India democratic?
- What makes something to go viral?
- What makes Baahubali 2 such a great cinematic experience?
- Why Dante is considered a great poet?
- Randomizing unique data with MongoDB and placing values for emailid with word John in the beginning
- What makes children get attracted towards particular colors?
- What Makes Performance Management Systems Ineffective and Uninspiring?
- Do you think a poet can also be a lyricist?
- MongoDB regular expression to fetch record with specific name “John”, instead of “john”