- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What is the function of an earth wire? Why is it necessary to earth metallic appliances?
To avoid the risk of the electric shock, the metal body of an electrical appliance is \'earthed\' or \'grounded\'. Earthing means connecting the metal case (or metal body) of an electrical appliance to the earth (at zero potential) through a metal wire called \'Earth Wire\'.
The electric wiring in houses, shops, or factories has three wires: live, neutral and earth. The first two carry electric current from the power station and the third is earthed by connecting it to the earth through a metal wire called \'Earth Wire\'.
Metallic bodies of electric appliances such as refrigerator, electric irons, televisions are connected to the earth wire so that when any fault occurs or the live wire touches the metallic body the charge flows to the earth without damaging the appliance and without causing any injury to the humans.
- Why is the atmosphere much rarer on the moon than on the earth?
- What is the difference between humans and other species on earth?
- How is climate change affecting ecosystem on earth?
- What is mundan ceremony or mundan sanskar and why is it necessary?
- Medium-Earth Orbit Satellites
- Low-Earth Orbit Satellites
- How do earthquakes affect the geography of the earth?
- Why Aural rendering of documents is necessary
- Assume, today is your last day on this earth. How would you like to spend it?
- Why is pre-marital counselling necessary?
- Why is it necessary to have a girl or boyfriend in life?
- Which creature on the earth has the strongest memory?
- What would happen if Earth started to rotate in the opposite direction?
- Why is it necessary to declare NOT FOUND handler while using MySQL cursor?
- Why is feedback necessary for good business?
- Is it necessary to have a responsive website?