- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How does Security Information Management Works in information security?
Security information management is a type of software that automates the set of event log data from security devices, including firewalls, proxy servers, intrusiondetection systems, and anti-virus applications. The goals of Security Information Management are to avoid interruptions to business events and provide the correct and secure services of computer and network facilities.
All Security Information Managements gather data from the sources inside the network. Some will gather data from outside sources as well, ranging from public threat recognition services to proprietary correlation networks. Security Information Management, to a high extent, adds value with its capacity of discovering patterns in network traffic.
This activity needed two primary traits such as the capability of gathering information from multiple places and the intelligence to turn all that data into significant information. They both are important as the Security Information Management should draw information from some important components of the network, the correlation data should come from sources it can trust.
An information system defines a set of interrelated components which work together to gather, process, save, and break down the data to support decision making. In MIS, there are several types of documents generated. Few documents are a type of summary document, ad-hoc document, exception document, and on-demand document.
In an information system, software defines computer programs and the manuals which provide them. Computer program defines the machine-readable instructions that communicate circuitry in the system's hardware to work to make beneficial information from the data.
In some cases, programs are saved on an input/output medium, including a tape or disk. The application which is for pre-computer information systems included instruction for using those defines the guidebook for a card directory and the information regarding how the hardware was constructed for use including columns headings in the ledger book.
An information systems triangle is generally used to define how an IS includes hardware components (including computers), people, and processes at the three vertices.
There are several types of information systems, based on the requirement they are designed to fill. An operations support system, including a transaction processing system, transform business data (financial transactions) into valuable data. Usually, a management information system needs database data to output documents, supporting users and businesses making decisions depending on the extracted information.
The second type of information system is a decision support system. It is interactive, which provides information, data manipulation tools, and models to provide decision-making in a semi-structured and unstructured scheme.
This type of information system contains tools and approaches to provide gather relevant data and examine options, and substitutes, the end-user being more involved in producing DSS than MIS.
- Related Articles
- How does DES works in Information Security?
- How does Steganography works in Information Security?
- What is Security Management in Information Security?
- Information Security Management Principles
- What is the importance of Security Information Management in information security?
- What Is Network Security Management in information security?
- What is Security Metrics Management in information security?
- What is Management Information System in information security?
- How does Information security work?
- What is Risk Management in Information Security?
- What is Key Management in Information Security?
- How Does Voice Biometrics Work in information security?
- What are the advantages of Information Management Security?
- What are the disadvantages of Information Management Security?
- What is Security Information and Event Management (SIEM)?