- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What is an Aqua Treadmill? What are its practical benefits?
If you are the one looking out for having great health benefits as working on a treadmill but expecting your weight show a minimal effect on your joints, this one is for you. Though we might not be a professional athlete, many of us try to be a good Marathon runner, player, jogger etc. Incorporating water into your exercise or workouts will reflect great physical and psychological benefits.
Considering the workouts on an Aqua treadmill along with the benefits you get on a dry-land treadmill, you’ll experience the relaxing effects which increase the flexibility in movements, with minimal joint impact and an increased range of motion. It provides an all-direction resistance for an entire duration workout.
- Improves Cardio-vascular strength
- Improves muscle strength, due to the greater exertion that the body undergoes.
- Reduces stress on joints caused by body weight
- Provides great body resistance
- Improves flexibility in movements
- Reduces blood pressure effectively
- Lessens muscle soreness
- Improves stiffness in tendons and joints
This is more beneficial to athletes because underwater running helps increase the mileage without increasing the risk of injury and it increases strength and lean muscle mass. It is effective in rebooting the muscles.
As well, athletes are more prone to suffer tears in tendons, such as Achilles tendonitis. Exercising on this Aqua treadmill shows a massive impact on improving the tendons. This provides a kind of physiotherapy for them, to get well soon.
- The hydrostatic pressure of the water helps heals the body pains.
- Reduces swelling, aids relaxation, improves strength and boosts flexibility
- Improves the gait training in patients, as the effect of body-weight gets reduced
- Increased healing and strengthening of injured tissue
- More effective in reducing blood pressure and joint stiffness
- Helps in building up of torn tendons for those who suffer Achilles tendonitis
- These are beneficial to those who suffer from muscle and joint pains
- With the use of warm water, the relaxing effects made on the body increases flexibility in movements.
For Older People
Walking and running on the Aqua treadmill can make your pain disappear for an osteoarthritis patient. Old people who suffer from muscular dystrophy, osteoarthritis, joint disorders, muscle atrophy, and lower extremity injuries get benefitted from this Aqua therapy.
- Related Articles
- What is an Absolute Advantage and what are its benefits?
- What is practical geometry ?
- What is Quality Control and Its Benefits?
- What is an Electroscope? What are its uses?
- What is aqua-regia? Name two special metals which are insoluble in common reagents but dissolve in aqua-regia.
- What are layered structures and its benefits in OS?
- What is a Practical Transformer?
- What is an organism and what are its characteristics?
- What is Microsoft Access and Its Key Benefits?
- What is aqua yoga and how effective is it?
- What is an Account Statement and what are its contents?
- What Is an Alimentary Canal and What Are Its Main Parts?
- What are some benefits of being an older person?
- What is an orbit? What is its shape?
- What is Anorexia? What are its symptoms?