- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What causes a sudden loss of appetite in children?
17 Lectures 45 mins
Eating habits of some children are often poor or unbalanced. They take small meals due to mood swings or grumpiness. Sometimes, it is hard to judge whether there is some serious health issue or loss of appetite is due to moodiness.
But the prolonged loss of appetite can lead to bad performance in academics, unnatural weight loss, mild to severe illnesses, etc. However, it becomes utmost important to keep a check on your children's diet and eating patterns and in case you observe a sudden appetite loss, consult a healthcare provider immediately.
Causes of Sudden Loss of Appetite
Depression of keeping up with sports and academics, peer pressure, learning disabilities, and problems at school.
Stress, changes in sleeping patterns, lack of interest in studies can also cause stress in teenagers and it can further lead to the poor eating pattern.
Sudden death or loss of a beloved family member, the divorce of parents, or unhealthy atmosphere at home.
Eating disorders such as anorexia nervosa and bulimia can be one big reason for the sudden loss of appetite.
Mild to severe illnesses like cold, flu, and cough, diarrhea, sore throat, stomach flu, headache, fever or other symptoms.
Over expectations of family parents and inability to cope with academic pressure.
Anemia is another sign of the sudden loss of appetite in children.
Constipation or irregular bowel movements, intestinal worms can also cause a decline in your child’s appetite.
If your child has a reduced appetite, don't argue with or scold the child, rather consult your healthcare immediately. Also, encourage your children to eat healthy foods to avoid illnesses.
- What is the diet to suppress appetite?
- What are the causes of Anorexia?
- What are the causes of Anomalies?
- Sudden Short Circuit of Three-Phase Alternator
- What are the causes of coughing and wheezing in a baby?
- What causes facial hair in women?
- What are the common causes of knee pain?
- What are the causes and symptoms of Proteinuria?
- Hysteresis Loss and Eddy Current Loss
- What are the symptoms and causes of neurological disorders?
- What causes low calcium levels in the body?
- What are the causes and disadvantages of Low Power Factor?
- What causes the sailing stones to move?
- What is difference between profit and loss account and profit and loss appropriate account?
- Why vitamin D is important for children and what are the symptoms of vitamin D deficiency in children?