- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are the types of Information Security?
There are various types of information security which are as follows −
Antivirus and Antimalware Software − This software can be used for protecting against malware, which contains spyware, ransomware, Trojans, worms, and viruses. Malware can also become very hazardous as it can affect a network and then remain quiet for days or even weeks.
This software manage this threat by searching for malware entry and regularly tracks files afterward to identify anomalies, delete malware, and fix the loss.
Firewall Protection − A firewall acts as a defense barrier among the trusted internal networks and untrusted external networks including viruses, worms, Trojans, brute force attacks.
A firewall can be of any form, such as software or hardware, unlike a router. Though both the method implements the similar function, scanning incoming web traffic to create sure it doesn't include blacklisted data.
Application Security − It is important to have application security because no app is developed perfectly. Any application can consist of vulnerabilities or holes that attackers use to introduce the network. Application security thus surround the software, hardware, and processes it can choose for closing those holes.
Data Loss Prevention (DLP) − Organizations should maintain that their organization does not send responsive information outside the network. They should need DLP technologies, information security measures that avoid people from uploading, forwarding, or even printing vital data in an unsafe style.
Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) − An IPS is an information security capable of readily scanning web traffic to block attacks. The IPS framework interface allows the administrator to construct the ruleset updates for Snort.
It is feasible to schedule the ruleset updates enabling them to run at specific intervals automatically, and these updates can be run manually on interest.
Virtual Private Network (VPN) − A VPN is another type of network security adequate of encoding the connection from an endpoint to a network, generally over the web. A Remote VPN Access generally apply IPsec or Secure Sockets Layer to authenticate the connection between internet and device.
Intrusion Detection Systems − Intrusion Detection Systems are the devices or the applications that readily monitor the network for malicious events, log data about those activities, alert the organization if the system recognize an attack, and take steps to avoid them. Intrusion detection systems maintain a document of malware signatures and analyze incoming threats to the list. It directly blocks some attack and resends the packets whose configuration connects the list, and reset the connection to secure the IP address from some blockage.
Endpoint Security − Endpoint Security is also called a Network Protection or Network Security. It is an approach used for securing corporate networks when accessed through remote devices including laptops or several wireless devices and mobile devices.
Network Access Control (NAC) − This network security process provide us to control who can access the network. It is important to identify each device and user to maintain out potential attackers. This will provide us to enforce the security policies. Noncompliant endpoint devices can be given only finite access or only blocked.
- Related Articles
- What are the types of security mechanism in information security?
- What are the types of Network in Information Security?
- What are the types of firewalls in information security?
- What are the types of Hashing in Information Security?
- What are the types of Keys in Information Security?
- What are the types of Encryption in Information Security?
- What are the types of Decryption in Information Security?
- What are the types of Authentication in information security?
- What are the types of Cryptosystems in information security?
- What are the types of web services in information security?
- What are the types of memory card in information security?
- What are the types of Intrusion-Detection Systems in information security?
- What are the types of Two-Factor Authentication in Information Security?
- What are the types of attacks on Biometric devices in information security?
- What are the types of Cryptanalysis Attacks on AES in information security?