- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are the types of memory card in information security?
There are several types of memory card which are as follows −
SD Card − It is the most common types of memory cards, and it stands for Secure Digital card that is designed to support high-capacity memory in a small size. Mainly, it is used in several small portable devices including handheld computers, digital video camcorders, digital cameras, mobile phones, etc.
Approximately, more than 8000 multiple models and over 400 brands of electronic equipment use SD technology. It measures 32 x 24 x 2.1 mm and weighs approximately 2 grams and is treated a standard for the industry because of widespread use.
MiniSD Card − After the success of the SD Card (Secure Digital Card), the miniSD Memory Card was produced to meet the demands of the mobile phone industry. The MiniSD Card supports the same benefits as the SD Card, but is smaller than the initial SD Card.
MiniSD Cards are generally found in some newer mobile phones with features such as built-in digital cameras, downloading and games, generally the mobile phones where the miniSD can meet the requirements for enhanced data storage. MiniSD cards are 21.5 mm x 20 mm x 1.4 mm and generally support 16MB to 256MB of storage.
MicroSD − It is generally used in mobile phones and some small handheld devices the MicroSD format is currently accessible in capacities up to 4GB, and it roughly 1/4th the size of the SD card at 15mm W 11mm W 0.7mm. The MicroSD card is also the smallest memory card available.
Card adapters can be purchased that allow backwards compatibility this can allow MicroSD cards to operate in SD and MiniSD slots, and also for MicroSD cards to operate in SD card slots.
Sony Memory Stick − It is a type of flash memory that was produced by Sony in October 1998. It can be used with Sony's digital cameras and some types of electronics for storing data. Almost all of Sony's products that need flash media use a memory stick as it is a proprietary Sony product.
Sony released several types of memory stick and Memory Stick Micro, Memory Stick PRO, Memory Stick Duo, Memory Stick PRO Duo, and Memory Stick PRO-HG. The memory stick is aimed with storage from 4 MB to 256 GB and a maximum capacity of 2 TB.
MMC (MultiMediaCard) − It is a small memory card as flash memory, produced by SanDisk and Siemens AG/Infineon Technologies AG. It can be used to make storage portable among multiple devices, including car radios, mobile phones, digital cameras, car navigation systems, PDAs, printers, music players, cellular phones, video camcorders, and personal computers.
- Related Articles
- What is the difference between memory card and smart card in information security?
- What are the applications of smart card in information security?
- What are the types of Information Security?
- What are the types of security mechanism in information security?
- What are the types of Network in Information Security?
- What are the types of firewalls in information security?
- What are the types of Hashing in Information Security?
- What are the types of Keys in Information Security?
- What are the types of Encryption in Information Security?
- What are the types of Decryption in Information Security?
- What are the types of Authentication in information security?
- What are the types of Cryptosystems in information security?
- What are the types of web services in information security?
- What are the types of Intrusion-Detection Systems in information security?
- What are the types of Two-Factor Authentication in Information Security?