- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are the natural ways to improve Calcium levels in the body?
Calcium is an essential mineral that helps in strengthening bones. If there is a lack or not enough levels of calcium in the body, then it takes the required mineral from the bones leaving them weak and brittle. Lower calcium levels in the body can lead to rickets or osteoporosis.
The recommended dietary supplement of calcium for an adult under 50 is 1000 mg per day and above 50 years of age is 1200 mg per day. In post-menopausal women, the calcium required is 1500 mg per day.
There are many medical supplements for calcium in the market, in the form of tablets, powder, and syrup. But, it is better to get the calcium from natural sources.
These are some of the natural ways to improve calcium levels in the body.
Milk is the primary source of calcium for any person, be it a child or adult. 2 glasses of milk, one in morning and one in the evening helps a person to maintain enough calcium levels in the body. Nowadays we are getting milk fortified with the goodness of almonds and vitamin D which is more helpful.
Yogurt is made by bacterial fermentation of milk and has been used by humans for thousands of years. Not only very nutritious, eating yogurt regularly boosts the immunity and calcium levels in the body. One cup of yogurt provides 200 to 300mg calcium. Apart from helping in weight management, it is believed to aid in reducing the risk of heart disease and osteoporosis. For maximum calcium intake, drink Lassi with your meals twice a day.
Dark, leafy greens are one of the best natural sources of calcium. They are rich in magnesium and vitamin K which is helpful for maintaining bone integrity and density. Especially kale, collard greens and dark green lettuce and herbs like coriander, basil, parsley which are good in vitamin C. According to recent research, the antioxidants present in vitamin C protects bone cells from damage.
Consuming enough Protein helps in keeping your bones healthy. 50% of the bone is made up of protein. Protein helps in absorption of calcium by the bones. The natural protein sources include nuts like almonds, walnuts etc., and dairy, beans, soy products and meat, fish, chicken, eggs. Intake of high protein food in younger age goes a long way to protect our bones with fortified calcium in later stages.
We can increase the retention of calcium levels in the bones by performing weight bearing and strength training exercises. The high impact exercise will help to build and maintain strong bones.
- What causes low calcium levels in the body?
- What are the natural ways to dry hair quickly and naturally?
- Best ways to improve twitter conversation
- What are the general techniques to improve the quality of service?
- Are there any other ways I can improve my concentration other than the Rubic Cube?
- What are the best practices to improve jQuery selector performance?
- What are the Best Practices to Improve CRM User Adoption?
- What are the problems created due to excess calcium?
- What are the symptoms of Calcium Deficiency?
- In what ways are puberty and adolescence result of the activity of some glands in the human body?
- What are the different levels of Parallelism?
- What are the curries in which cinnamon can be used to improve the taste?
- What are the levels of memory in the Operating System?
- What are the levels of computer system organization?
- What are the ways to prevent child maltreatment?