- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are the differences between iCloud and SugarSync?
Let us understand the concepts of iCloud and SugarSync before learning the differences between them.
iCloud is one of the cloud storage and provides cloud computing services, it was launched in the year 2011 by Apple Inc. It enables users to store data like documents, photos, and music on remote servers. It also provides wireless backup iOS devices directly to iCloud instead of manual backups.
We can store all type files in iCloud Drive, if they are less than 50GB in size. Generally if we sign up for iCloud we get 5GB free storage for Backup’s, Mail and iCloud Drive. If we want more storage we need to upgrade our iCloud storage based on the plans. We can also share 200Gb and 2TB plans with our family by paying a monthly bill in Apple.
The features of iCloud are as follows−
- iCloud Drive helps us to save files and app data to iCloud
- It is available for iOS, Macs, and Windows PCs
- We can access all of our files and data from any device
- Keeps the files/folders up to date in our devices
- File sharing management
- Cloud storage security
- Cloud administration
- Cloud storage platform
The advantages of iCloud are as follows −
- Increase efficiency.
- Work from anywhere made it easier.
- It is a clean platform.
- iCloud is user-friendly.
The disadvantages of iCloud are as follows −
- Accessibility of photos on desktop platforms.
- App options on desktop.
- Automatically backs up files
- Customization is not possible
- To share large files, you need to upgrade to a paid version.
It is one of the longest-running cloud back-up services around started in year 2004. It is a convenient way to back up, sync, and access files from anywhere, anytime. It is one of the simplest file syncing services we have ever seen.
It can sync and securely access our files from the cloud in seconds. It can also save, view, and edit our documents across multiple devices and can manage and share our files the way we want.
The features of SugarSync are as follows −
In SugarSync we can safely access and share our files and folders from anywhere.
Sync Any Device
File Sharing with Anyone
Security & Protection
The advantages of SugarSync are as follows −
- Automatic backup
- Sync files
- Share files and folders
The disadvantages of SugarSync are as follows −
- Non-existent customer support
- Duplicate folder
- After 30 days free version, no longer exists
- Price is too high
- Resources decreases
The major differences between iCloud and SugarSync are as follows −
|iCloud was owned by Apple Inc in 2011.||It was launched by J2Global in the year 2009|
|iCloud offers 5 GB free storage space when we sign up.||It does not offer free storage space|
|iCloud maximum storage size of 2 TB.||The maximum storage capacity of SugarSync is 60 GB.|
|iCloud maximum file size is 50 GB.||SugarSync file size is unlimited.|
|iCloud provides file hosting and cloud storage services.||SugarSync offers file synchronization, cloud storage service and a file hosting service.|
|iCloud supports file versioning partially.||SugarSync supports file versioning.|
|iCloud has a band-width limit of 200 GB and more.||SugarSync has a band-width limit of 10 GB for free and 250 GB for paid.|
|iCloud is mainly designed for macOS and iOS||SugarSync supports Windows, macOS, iOS and Android only.|
- What are the differences between iCloud and RapidShare?
- What are the differences between iCloud and Wasabi?
- What are the differences between iCloud and TitanFile?
- What are the differences between iCloud and pCloud?
- What are the differences between iCloud and Zetta?
- What are the differences between iCloud and MiMedia?
- What are the differences between iCloud and ShareFile?
- What are the differences between iCloud and ZumoDrive?
- What are the differences between iCloud and SecureSafe?
- What are the differences between iCloud and Tresorit?
- What are the differences between iCloud and Wuala?
- What are the differences between SugarSync and ZumoDrive?
- What are the differences between SugarSync and pCloud?
- What are the differences between SugarSync and MiMedia?
- What are the differences between SugarSync and TitanFile?