- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are the differences between iCloud and SecureSafe?
Let us understand the concepts of iCloud and SecureSafe before learning the differences between them.
iCloud is one of the cloud storage and provides cloud computing services, it was launched in the year 2011 by Apple Inc. It enables users to store data like documents, photos, and music on remote servers. It also provides wireless backup iOS devices directly to iCloud instead of manual backups.
We can store all type files in iCloud Drive, if they are less than 50GB in size. Generally if we sign up for iCloud we get 5GB free storage for Backup’s, Mail and iCloud Drive. If we want more storage we need to upgrade our iCloud storage based on the plans. We can also share 200Gb and 2TB plans with our family by paying a monthly bill in Apple.
The features of iCloud are as follows −
iCloud Drive helps us to save files and app data to iCloud
It is available for iOS, Macs, and Windows PCs
We can access all of our files and data from any device
Keeps the files/folders up to date in our devices
File sharing management
Cloud storage security
Cloud storage platform
The advantages of iCloud are as follows −
Work from anywhere made it easier.
It is a clean platform.
iCloud is user-friendly.
The disadvantages of iCloud are as follows −
Accessibility of photos on desktop platforms.
App options on desktop.
Automatically backs up files
Customization is not possible
To share large files, you need to upgrade to a paid version.
SecureSafe was launched by DSwiss AG in the year 2009 and is one of the file hosting services and cloud storage. It also provides password safe, document storage and digital spaces for online collaboration. It is based on the basis of principles of security by design and privacy by design. It offers 100 MB storage space for free and for paid users, it offers 100 GB storage space.
The features of SecureSafe are as follows −
The major differences between iCloud and SecureSafe are as follows −
|iCloud was owned by Apple Inc in 2011.||It was launched by DSwiss AG in the year 2009|
|iCloud offers 5 GB free storage space when we sign up.||It offers 100 MB storage space for free|
|iCloud provides limited maximum storage space for paid versions.||The maximum storage capacity of SecureSafe is 100 GB.|
|iCloud provides file hosting and cloud storage services.||SecureSafe offers a file synchronization and a file hosting service|
|iCloud maximum file size is 50 GB.||SecureSafe maximum file size is 2 GB|
|iCloud supports file versioning partially.||SecureSafe does not support file versioning.|
|iCloud supports developer API.||SecureSafe does not support developer API.|
|iCloud does not offer data inheritance.||SecureSafe offers data inheritance.|
|iCloud has a band-width limit of 200 GB or more.||SecureSafe has no band-width limit.|
- What are the differences between iCloud and RapidShare?
- What are the differences between iCloud and Wasabi?
- What are the differences between iCloud and TitanFile?
- What are the differences between iCloud and pCloud?
- What are the differences between iCloud and Zetta?
- What are the differences between iCloud and MiMedia?
- What are the differences between iCloud and ShareFile?
- What are the differences between iCloud and ZumoDrive?
- What are the differences between iCloud and SugarSync?
- What are the differences between iCloud and Tresorit?
- What are the differences between iCloud and Wuala?
- What are the differences between BorgBase and SecureSafe?
- What are the differences between SecureSafe and ZumoDrive?
- What are the differences between SecureSafe and pCloud?
- What are the differences between SecureSafe and MiMedia?