- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are the differences between iCloud and MiMedia?
Let us understand the concepts of iCloud and MiMedia before learning the differences between them.
iCloud is one of the cloud storage and provides cloud computing services, it was launched in the year 2011 by Apple Inc. It enables users to store data like documents, photos, and music on remote servers. It also provides wireless backup iOS devices directly to iCloud instead of manual backups.
We can store all type files in iCloud Drive, if they are less than 50GB in size. Generally if we sign up for iCloud we get 5GB free storage for Backup’s, Mail and iCloud Drive. If we want more storage we need to upgrade our iCloud storage based on the plans. We can also share 200Gb and 2TB plans with our family by paying a monthly bill in Apple.
The features of iCloud are as follows −
- iCloud Drive helps us to save files and app data to iCloud.
- It is available for iOS, Macs, and Windows PCs.
- We can access all of our files and data from any device.
- Keeps the files/folders up to date in our devices.
- File sharing management.
- Cloud storage security.
- Cloud administration.
- Cloud storage platform.
The advantages of iCloud are as follows −
- Increase efficiency.
- Work from anywhere is made easier.
- It is a clean platform.
- iCloud is user-friendly.
The disadvantages of iCloud are as follows −
- Accessibility of photos on desktop platforms.
- App options on desktop.
- Automatically backs up files
- Customization is not possible
- Customization is not possible
MiMedia is a new approach for online backup and storage services developed in 2010. It is an innovative way to securely store, protect, accessibility and share our digital data over the cloud.
It also provides online backup, on demand access to all stored files instantly. We can also watch our favourite videos, stream your music, view photo galleries and much more with any computer or mobile device.
The features of MiMedia are as follows −
- MiMedia shares files and folders,
- It can schedule backup
- We can access anytime and from anywhere
- Edit office document online
- Remote Access
- Desktop synchronous
- File protection
- Drag and drop support
The advantages of MiMedia are as follows −
- Interface usability
- Customer service
- Large free storage capacity
- Encryption options
- Organization features
The disadvantages of MiMedia are as follows −
- User interface is unfriendly
- There is no sync folder
- Advanced sharing options are not there
- No versioning system
- Trash bin is not available.
- There is no client-side encryption
The major differences between iCloud and MiMedia are as follows −
|iCloud was owned by Apple Inc in 2011.||MiMedia was owned by Mimedia LLC in the year 2010|
|iCloud offers 5 GB free storage space when we sign up.||MiMedia offers 10 Gb free storage space.|
|iCloud provides cloud storage services.||It provides cloud storage and backup service|
|iCloud is partially supporting file versioning.||MiMedia is not supporting file versioning|
|iCloud maximum storage size is 2 TB which is the paid version.||MiMedia's maximum storage size is 500 Gb to 2 TB which is the paid version.|
|iCloud is still in use now.||MiMedia is still in use|
|iCloud is more costly when compared to MiMedia||MiMedia is less costly when compared to iCloud.|
|iCloud is providing file hosting services.||MiMedia is a cloud storage service|
|iCloud bandwidth limit is up to 600 GB per month according to plan.||MiMedia has no bandwidth limit|
- Related Articles
- What are the differences between iCloud and RapidShare?
- What are the differences between iCloud and Wasabi?
- What are the differences between iCloud and TitanFile?
- What are the differences between iCloud and pCloud?
- What are the differences between iCloud and Zetta?
- What are the differences between iCloud and ShareFile?
- What are the differences between iCloud and ZumoDrive?
- What are the differences between iCloud and SugarSync?
- What are the differences between iCloud and Tresorit?
- What are the differences between iCloud and Wuala?
- What are the differences between Dropbox and MiMedia?
- What are the differences between Box and MiMedia?
- What are the differences between SecureSafe and MiMedia?
- What are the differences between SugarSync and MiMedia?
- What are the differences between CloudMe and MiMedia?