- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are some home remedies to remove white spots on lips?
The white color spots on the lips are caused due to the abnormal secretion of oil by the sebaceous glands known as Sebum that is present in the skin. This particular oil when accumulated on lips acts as a breeding ground for bacteria and viruses and therefore the infection causes inflammation of the neighboring tissue. It is crucial to note that this is not a sexually transmitted infection.
There are numerous home remedies that can be used to effectively treat the white spots on the lips which are also known as Fordyce spots.
Garlic is known to decrease the number of bacteria that is present in the circulation of the bloodstream. Therefore, the consumption of garlic will surely help in the reduction of these white spots. This also has many medicinal properties that help in the elimination of these spots and maintaining overall hygiene of the body.
Make a drink of crushed garlic cloves blended with water and add some lemon juice. This should be consumed before meals to get the best results.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple Cider Vinegar has shown to be really effective in the reduction of white spots on the lips. Its antibacterial and astringent properties will eliminate the bacteria that is present and it will also bring the balance that is required in the sebum secretion.
In order to use apple cider vinegar for these spots, you have to mix small and equal amounts of apple cider vinegar along with water. Use a cotton swab to apply this mixture on the affected area and after a while, you can rinse it with hot water. Do not repeat this more than twice a week.
One of the main causes of getting white spots on the lips is due to the excessive secretion of sebum that causes the skin to become dehydrated and dry. The application of coconut oil will make your skin healthy and really smooth. Coconut oil also possesses antimicrobial properties. Use a few drops of lavender oil along with coconut oil. Make a mixture and then with neat fingers apply this oil on the affected area and let it sit for a couple of hours before rinsing it off.
Jojoba Oil and Argan Oil
Jojoba oil is very rich in pore tightening compounds such as vitamin E that will help in the nourishment of the skin on the lips and also around it. It makes sure to shrink the pores that were secreting excess sebum.
Argan oil can be easily absorbed by the skin and it helps in the balancing on oil production in the skin. Use a mixture of one drop each from both these oils and apply it all over your lips with clean fingers. Let the oil stay for 8-10 minutes and then rinse it off with water.
- What are some home remedies for teeth whitening?
- What are some home remedies for wrinkles under eyes?
- What are the home remedies to cure Migraine?
- What are some tips to make fluffy omelets at home?
- Name 5 Home Remedies to reduce Knee Joint Pain
- What are homemade remedies to have weight loss?
- What are the best tourist spots in kodaikanal?
- What are the new tourism spots in AP?
- What are grey hair therapies or remedies?
- What are some of the popular apps or websites to book salon services at home?
- How do I get rid of pimples on my face: using home remedies or medicinal ointments?
- What is a psychosomatic disorder? What are its remedies?
- What are some common mistakes hiring managers to see on resumes?
- What are Welding Defects? – Types, Causes, and Remedies
- Who or what are white hat hackers?