- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are some good ways to relieve holiday stress?
Yes, even the holiday season can come with stress. Wondering how? Holidays call for a lot of preparations, shopping, chaotic spending, cooking special dishes, visiting friends and relatives, and at home parties can cause immense stress. The sudden stress may cause heart diseases, increased blood pressure, digestive problems, depression, and many other health conditions. It was the same story with me last Christmas and this is how I dealt with.
Take some time out of yourself and relax your nerves. You can practice meditation, take deep breaths and calm down your stressed senses. Or, simply grab a cup of coffee and a book to read.
Exercise Is the Key
Exercising regularly is one of the best ways to keep yourself rejuvenated and away from stress. Many pieces of research have proved that working out even during holidays can also elevate your mood along with fitness and energy.
Eat and Drink Healthy
Keeping yourself fit and fine also calls for eating the right foods and drinking the right stuff. Keep away from overeating, eating unhealthy foods that include high-content of sugar and fat, or consuming alcohol.
Set A Budget
Plan your holidays in advance and set a budget accordingly to avoid overspending. Whether you buy gifts for the kids, friends, relatives, spouse, or partner, a set budget will keep your expenses in check.
Unplug At Least Once A Week
From smartphones, tablets, televisions, or music systems to laptops and desktops, we are constantly plugged in causing more stress. Taking a vacation from these gadgets will ensure that you get some time to relax and spend some me-time.
Watch What You Say
Practice patience and get a change in the way you speak to others. Right communication in the right manner can bring a great change in the environment lowering the stress levels.
- What are some good educational activities for teenagers?
- What are some good tools to visualize MySQL database schema?
- What are some good sites for Java interview questions
- What are some good ideas for ‘Fun at work’?
- What are some good uses of NEEM plant that you know?
- What are some unique ways to build your network if you work remotely?
- What are the indications of Diarrhea in babies? Suggest some good treatment options.
- What are some ways I can wear a midi skirt at workplace?
- What are the activities that help teenagers to overcome their stress?
- What are the good resources to Learn C++?
- What Vitamins are good to prevent hair loss?
- How come shopping is really a stress buster for some folks?
- What are Good and Bad Interface Designs?
- What are some healthy breakfasts?
- What are some natural Contraceptives?