- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
The pie charts A and B shown in Fig. 16.1 are based on waste segregation method adopted by two families X and Y respectively.
Which of the two families X or Y do you think is more environmentally conscious and why?"
Family X is more environmentally conscious because they segregated biodegradable and non-biodegradable substances separately. They are aware of disposing of waste materials in the wrong manner. They disposed of kitchen waste (biodegradable) and polythene bags (non-biodegradable) separately, unlike family Y, who disposed of kitchen waste and polythene bags together as one waste.
Biodegradable substances are those substances that decompose easily through the actions of bacteria, fungi, and other living organisms. Examples include food waste, human waste, paper waste, manure, sewage, hospital waste, sewage sludge, and slaughterhouse waste.
Non-biodegradable substances are those substances that do not decompose easily by the action of bacteria, fungi, and other living organisms. Examples include plastics, metallic cans, pesticides, metals, fibers, glass, hazardous wastes, etc.
- Construct SLR (1) parsing table for the following grammar S → x A y |x B y |x A z A → q s | q B → q
- Find maximum among x^(y^2) or y^(x^2) where x and y are given in C++
- Find x, y, z that satisfy 2/n = 1/x + 1/y + 1/z in C++
- Maximize the sum of X+Y elements by picking X and Y elements from 1st and 2nd array in C++
- Find larger of x^y and y^x in C++
- How to remove the label on the left side in matplotlib.pyplot pie charts?
- Find x and y satisfying ax + by = n in C++
- Count numbers in range 1 to N which are divisible by X but not by Y in C++
- Print values of ‘a’ in equation (a+b) <= n and a+b is divisible by x
- Difference between x++ and x = x+1 in Java
- How to display pie charts in Matplotlib Python?
- Plotting Pandas DataFrames in Pie Charts using Matplotlib
- Evaluate a 2D Legendre series on the Cartesian product of x and y in Python
- Evaluate a 2-D polynomial on the Cartesian product of x and y in Python
- Difference between x++ and x= x+1 in Java programming
- Evaluate a 3-D polynomial on the Cartesian product of x, y and z in Python