- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
The method of preparing compost with the help of earthworms is called
Correct answer: (b) vermicomposting
The garbage containing plant and animal wastes, and waste food, when left as such in pits or heaps, is acted upon by bacteria, fungus-like organisms, causing rotting.
Rotting leads to the formation of manure. It is the conversion of complex molecules into simple molecules that can be used by plants for growth and development. Thus, the rotting and conversion of some organic materials into manure is called composting. Vermicomposting is the method of preparing compost with the help of redworms or earthworms.
Steps for vermicomposting are as follows :
(i) Dig a pit in a suitable place in your garden.
(ii) Spray sand on the floor of the pit.
(iii) Add vegetable peels and fruit waste to the pit.
(iv) Sprinkle water to keep it moist.
(v) Place redworms in the pit.
(vi) Cover loosely with a gunny bag or a layer of grass.
(vii) Leave it for 3–4 weeks. After 3–4 weeks, the vermicompost is ready.
- What is the purpose of COALESCE function? Explain with the help of an example.
- What is the method with the help of which the hexadecimal value can be treated as a number?
- Explain the concept of LOCK PROMOTION with the help of an example
- What is the use of the VALUE function in a DB2? Explain with the help of an example
- Explain aggregate functions with the help of SQL queries
- Explain the concept of magnetic disk with the help of a diagram(DBMS)
- What is the synonym statement of SHOW DATABASES with the help of which we can see the list of MySQL databases?
- What is CLUSTERED INDEX in DB2? Explain with the help of practical example.
- Explain the concept of DYNAMIC SQL in DB2 with the help of an example
- Is the concept of resveratrol true? How does it help?
- What is the difference between DB2 JOIN and UNION? Explain with the help of an example
- What is NON CLUSTERED INDEX in DB2? Explain with the help of practical example
- Purpose and usage of subqueries in DB with the help of an example
- What is a use of SQLWARN3 in a SQLCA? Explain with the help of a practical example?
- How can we filter data with the help of MySQL subquery?
- Add the element in a Python list with help of indexing