- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
The complete list of new features in MySQL 8.0
The new features in MySQL 8.0 have been briefly listed below −
Transactional Data Dictionary
A transactional data dictionary to store information about object.
Atomic Data Definition Language
An atomic data definition language (DDL) statement to combine updates made to data dictionary, storage engine operations and so on.
The security levels have been improved, and DBA (Database administrator) has been given greater flexibility for account management.
The encryption defaults have been defined and implemented globally for table encryption. The ‘default_table_encryption’ variable is used to define an encryption default for schemas that have been newly created. The default encryption for a schema can be defined with the help of a ‘DEFAULT ENCRYPTION’ clause when a schema is being created.
Changes made to the InnoDB engine- The current maximum auto-increment counter’s value is written into the ‘redo log’ every time the value changes.
JSON enhancements have been made to MySQL’s JSON functionality, where the ‘->>’, which is the inline path operator, has been added.
In the new version, InnoDB supports parallel clustered index reads, which greatly improves the CHECK TABLE performance. This feature doesn’t apply to secondary index scans.
In the newest version, when the innodb_dedicated_server variable is enabled, the size and number of log files are configured based on the automatically configured buffer pool size. Before this, log file size was configured according to the amount of memory that could be detected on the server, and the number of log files was not configured automatically.
- What are the new features in MySQL 8.0
- New Features of C++17
- Create a new user with password in MySQL 8?
- What are the main features of MySQL?
- What are the major new features in Arduino IDE 2.0?
- Find the nth term of the series 0, 8, 64, 216, 512,... in C++
- New Date-Time API in Java 8
- Return 0 in a new column when record is NULL in MySQL?
- Find the nth term of the given series 0, 0, 2, 1, 4, 2, 6, 3, 8, 4… in C++
- How can we see the list, along with complete information, of stored procedures in a particular MySQL database?
- How can we see the list, along with complete information, of stored functions in a particular MySQL database?
- What are the new features added to Stream API in Java 9?
- Explain the features of JavaFX
- General Features of Traction Motors: Mechanical Features & Electrical Features
- C++ program to find nth Term of the Series 1 2 2 4 4 4 4 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 …