- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are the features that are added in MySQL 8.0?
Let us understand the features that were added to MySQL 8.0
Security Levels Enhanced
The security levels have been improved, and DBA (Database administrator) has been given greater flexibility for account management.
Resource groups can be created and managed, and the server has the ability to assign threads to resources of specific groups, that are running within the server. Group attributes can be used to control the resources, restrict or provide permission to the threads to consume the resource, and so on.
Transactional Data Dictionary
A transactional data dictionary is used to store information about objects, which was previously a non-transactional table.
The upgrade procedure has changed, server takes care of tasks which were previously performed by ‘mysql_upgrade’. All the necessary upgrade tasks are performed automatically.
InnoDB Engine Updated
Changes have been made to the InnoDB engine. When the current maximum auto-increment counter’s value is written into the ‘redo log’ when the value changes every time, it is saved to an engine-private system table on every checkpoint. This ensures that the current maximum auto-increment counter’s value is persistent across all servers when it restarts.
Default Character Set
After the version update, the default character set has been changed from ‘latin1’ to ‘utf8mb4’. The new character set ‘utf8mb4’ has multiple collations, and this includes ‘utf8mb4_ja_0900_as_cs’, which is the first Japanese language specific collation that has been made available for Unicode in MySQL.
JSON enhancements were made to MySQL’s JSON functionality, where the ‘->>’, which is the inline path operator, has been added. This is equivalent to calling the ‘JSON_UNQUOTE()’ function on the result obtained after calling the ‘JSON_EXTRACT()’ function.
- What are the features that were deprecated in MySQL 8.0?
- What are the features that were removed in MySQL 8.0?
- What are the new features in MySQL 8.0
- What are the options and variables that were removed in MySQL 8.0?
- The complete list of new features in MySQL 8.0
- What are the new features added in Python 3.10 version?
- What are the options and variables introduced in MySQL 8.0?
- What are the options and variables deprecated in MySQL 8.0?
- What are the new features added to Stream API in Java 9?
- What are the main features of MySQL?
- What are the best New features added to iPhone and iPad with iOS12?
- What are Async Streams in C# 8.0?
- What are the features of ODBC?
- What are the features of MQTT?
- What are generic features in C#?