- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are the features that were deprecated in MySQL 8.0?
152 Lectures 16 hours
87 Lectures 5.5 hours
Some of the features that have been deprecated may be removed in the upcoming versions of MySQL. If applications use the features that have been deprecated in that specific version, that feature should be revised and alternatives should be used wherever possible.
Let us understand in brief, the features that have been deprecated in MySQL 8.0:
- The ‘utf8mb3’ character set is deprecated, use ‘utf8mb4’ instead.
- The ‘sha256_password’ password authentication is deprecated, may be removed in future updates. Use ‘caching_sha2_password’ instead.
- Some implementation changes have been made to ‘validate_password’ plugin, may be removed in future versions. Use this plugin by ensuring that component infrastructure is also being used in it.
- Support for ‘AUTO_INCREMENT’ for column type ‘FLOAT’ and ‘DOUBLE’ deprecated. Support for ‘UNSIGNED’ for column type ‘FLOAT’, ‘DOUBLE’, and ‘DECIMAL’ deprecated.
- The ‘ZEROFILL’ attribute deprecated for numeric data, can use ‘LPAD’ method instead.
- The usage of ‘||’ has been deprecated unless the SQL mode ‘PIPES AS CONCAT’ is enabled.
- ‘JSON_MERGE’ is deprecated, use ‘JSON_MERGE_PRESERVE()’ instead.
- While using ‘SELECT’ statement, an INTO clause after FROM can be used but usage of it at the end of the ‘SELECT’ has been deprecated.
- The ‘FLUSH HOSTS’ feature is deprecated. Truncate the Performance Schema host_cache table instead. It has been shown below-
TRUNCATE TABLE performance_schema.host_cache;
Note: The TRUNCATE TABLE operation needs the ‘DROP’ privilege for the respective table.
- The ‘mysql_upgrade’ client is deprecated since its ability to upgrade the system tables in the mysql system schema and objects in other schemas has been moved into MySQL server.
- The InnoDB memcached plugin is deprecated, it may be removed in upcoming versions of MySQL.
- The ‘mysql_upgrade_info’ file that creates the data directory is used to store the MySQL version number, has been deprecated. It may be removed in a future version of MySQL.
- The ‘relay_log_info_file’ system variable and ‘--master-info-file’ option have been deprecated.
- What are the features that were removed in MySQL 8.0?
- What are the features that are added in MySQL 8.0?
- What are the options and variables that were removed in MySQL 8.0?
- What are the options and variables deprecated in MySQL 8.0?
- What are the main features of MySQL?
- What are the new features in MySQL 8.0
- Tools that were used to create MySQL
- What are the improvements for @Deprecated annotation in Java 9?
- What are the features of ODBC?
- What are the features of MQTT?
- What are the hidden features of C#?
- What are the key features of Java?
- What are the main features of JDBC?
- What are the Features of Perl Language?
- What are the features of Preference Shares?