- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Explain data driven framework.
Data driven framework is used for segregating test script logic from the test data. In this framework, we can run our test scripts using multiple sets of data in multiple combinations with the help of parameterization. The test data is maintained in separate files like excel, access, txt and so on.
The test scripts need to be connected to these external files for fetching the data. The primary aim of this framework is to run our test scripts against various sets of data thereby reducing the number of test cases.
Data driven framework has more test coverage, reusable features and is easy to maintain. Test execution can be triggered by only modifying the test data. Since the test logic and data are separated from each other, there is no effect on modifying the data.
Data driven framework development requires skilled programming knowledge. The test case gets the required input data from the external resources like excel, csv, txt, xml and so on files and holds them in a variable as a key value pair. During actual execution these variables serve the purpose both as an input as well as checkpoints.
In a data driven framework, there should be efficient programming techniques to read and write data from the external files. The process involves −
Set up and build the external file which contains test data and the expected results.
Develop mechanisms to feed those data to the test scripts.
The advantages of data driven framework are listed below −
Reduces the number of test scripts that need to be developed since data in multiple combinations can be used to cover the scenarios.
Any modification in test data input does not require any code changes.
Scalable and easy to maintain.
More than one set of data in more than one combinations can be used to test any functionality.
- Explain Keyword driven framework.
- Explain Behavior Driven Framework.
- Explain Test Driven Development Framework.
- State differences between Data Driven and Keyword Driven Framework.
- What is Data-Driven Testing? Learn to Create a Framework
- Keyword Driven Testing Framework with Example
- Explain modular automation framework.
- Interrupt-driven data transfer in 8085
- Explain how reflection works in .NET framework
- How to perform data-driven testing in Cypress?
- What is the design of quality driven data warehouse?
- In MySQL, how can we maintain data-driven table relationship using joins?
- How does ASP.NET Core provide data access with Entity Framework?
- What is Test Driven Development?
- What is Keyword Driven Testing?