- SAP Simple Logistics Tutorial
- SAP Simple Logistics - Home
- SAP Simple Logistics - Overview
- Main Components
- Simplification Item
- Business Partner
- SAP Simple Logistics - MIGO
- Check Simplification List
- SAP Fiori UX
- Deployment Types
- Supply Chain Planning
- Integrated Business Planning
- Create PIR
- MRP Procedures
- MRP Key Features
- Procurement Types
- Execute MRP Live
- Operational Procurement
- Invoice Management
- Contract Management
- Perform Procurement & Transfer Stock
- Execute Discrete Production
- Create a Business Partner
- Analyze Incoming Sales Orders
- Job Responsibilities
- SAP Simple Logistics Resources
- SAP Simple Logistics - Quick Guide
- SAP Simple Logistics - Resources
- SAP Simple Logistics - Discussion
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
SAP Simple Logistics - Main Components
In today’s business, it is one of the toughest challenges to meet the inventory requirements as per customer demands. Also, with the development of new technologies, the expectations have increased.
With the use of S/4 HANA, an improvement in Inventory Management is observed with the creation of one document table (MATDOC).
In the above image, you can see a simplified inventory management data model that led to the creation of Material document table MATDOC. Following changes are implemented with this approach −
- No need of saving aggregated tables, on fly aggregation
- No joining is required with merging header and item level
- Corrected Material Master Data Table
In SAP S/4 HANA Enterprise Management, following material valuation methods are supported −
- Standard Price
- Moving Avg. Price
- Actual Costing
You have the clear separation of master data from transactional data. S/4HANA data model includes only 4 tables instead of multiple tables. You observe reduction of memory footprint and data footprint.
Reporting is not only based on material ledger tables and that contains data only related to material. No information is provided related to financial dimensions. The new reporting based on S/4 HANA data model includes both financial and material data.
Material Requirements Planning Run and Analysis
Using SAP S/4 HANA, material requirement planning shows an overview of the innovations with performance improvement in MRP run. All the material flow is analyzed in real time and quickly identifies any disruptions in material flow and the impact of these issues in Material Requirement Planning Analysis.
Following benefits can be achieved using the new support model −
Scenario dependent and 10 times faster.
Support for in-house production and delivery schedules.
Classic mode for capacity planning and discontinuation.
MRP run on any personal device.
Adoptable and personalization.
With SAP S/4 HANA Enterprise Management, you can use an exception-based working mode to detect issues earlier and this approach helps to improve customer satisfaction by using the Sales Order Fulfillment cockpit.