- SAP PP Tutorial
- SAP PP - Home
- SAP PP - Introduction
- SAP PP - Common Tables
- SAP PP - Organization Structure
- Integration with Other Modules
- SAP PP - Master Data
- SAP PP - Bill of Materials
- SAP PP - Work Center
- SAP PP - Routing
- SAP PP - Demand Management
- SAP PP - Creating PIR
- Material Requirement Planning
- SAP PP - MRP List
- SAP PP - Long Term Planning
- SAP PP - Production Orders
- SAP PP - Production Order Change
- Production Order Confirmation
- Canceling Production Order
- SAP PP - Capacity Planning
- SAP PP - Capacity Leveling
- SAP PP - Goods Receipt
- SAP PP - Stock Overview
- SAP PP - Goods Issue
- SAP PP - Goods Issue Reversal
- SAP PP - Lean Manufacturing
- SAP PP - Reports
- SAP PP - Material Document List
- Stock of Multiple Materials
- List in Bill of Material
- SAP PP Useful Resources
- SAP PP - Questions Answers
- SAP PP - Quick Guide
- SAP PP - Useful Resources
- SAP PP - Discussion
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
SAP PP - Routing
Routine defines the list of activities to be performed for the production process. Routing defines a sequence of activities performed at the work center. Routing plays in important role in calculating production cost, machine time and labor time.
Key Features Related to Routing
To create routing, it is mandatory to first define the work center.
Multiple materials can follow through a single routing group.
Routing is used for scheduling and costing of operation for raw and finished products.
Routing is used to calculate the operation cost for a finished product.
How to Create Routing in PP?
Use T-Code: CA01 or go to Logistics → Production → Master Data → Routings → Routings → Standard Routings → Create
Enter the following details −
- Material for which routing needs to be defined
- Plant Code
- Routing validity date as key date
Go to the routing header and enter the following details −
Usage as 1: Production routing and will be used in Production Order.
Select Status as 4 shows the released status. It indicates that routing is valid for material requirement planning and costing.
Mention the Lot Size 9999999, which means that routing is valid for order quantity between 0 and 9999999.
You can go to Operation button to add the sequence of operation and repeat the above step.
Now we need to maintain Operation data for which we need to −
Enter the Work Center code.
Select Input Control Key to determine the operation to be scheduled, costed, etc.
Enter the base quantity and set up time in minutes for base quantity.
Enter machine time in minutes for base quantity.
Click Save and you will get a confirmation that routing is saved.
How to Change Routing in PP?
Use T-Code: CA02 or go to Logistics → Production → Master Data → Routings → Routings → Standard Routings → Change
Enter the following details −
Material for which routing needs to be defined.
Routing validity date as the key date.
You can change the values like Control key or machine time.
Click Save to make the changes.