- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Python – Sort Matrix by None frequency
When it is required to sort a matrix by ‘None’ frequency, a method is defined that takes a parameter and uses list comprehension, ‘not’ operator and ‘len’ method to determine the result.
Below is a demonstration of the same −
def get_None_freq(row): return len([element for element in row if not element]) my_list = [[None, 24], [None, 33, 3, None],[42, 24, 55], [13, None, 24]] print("The list is : ") print(my_list) my_list.sort(key = get_None_freq) print("The result is : ") print(my_list)
The list is : [[None, 24], [None, 33, 3, None], [42, 24, 55], [13, None, 24]] The result is : [[42, 24, 55], [None, 24], [13, None, 24], [None, 33, 3, None]]
A method named ‘get_None_freq’ is defined that takes a list as a parameter, and uses list comprehension to iterate over the elements and uses ‘not’ operator to check if an element is not present in the list, and determines its length.
This length is returned as output.
Outside the method, a list is defined and displayed on the console.
The list is sorted using the ‘sort’ method and the key is specified as the previously defined method.
This is the output that is displayed on the console.
- Python – Sort by Uppercase Frequency
- Python – Sort Matrix by total characters
- Python – Sort Matrix by Row Median
- Python – Sort Matrix by Palindrome count
- Python - Sort rows by Frequency of K
- Python – Sort String list by K character frequency
- Python – Sort Matrix by Maximum String Length
- Python - Sort Matrix by Maximum Row element
- Python – Sort Matrix by K Sized Subarray Maximum Sum
- Sort Characters By Frequency in C++
- Python program to sort tuples by frequency of their absolute difference
- Program to sort array by increasing frequency of elements in Python
- Python Program to sort rows of a matrix by custom element count
- Python – Sort Matrix by Number of elements greater than its previous element
- Python Program to Sort Matrix Rows by summation of consecutive difference of elements