- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Python - Sort Matrix by Maximum Row element
When it is required to sort matrix by maximum row element, a method is defined that takes one parameter and uses ‘max’ method to determine the result.
Below is a demonstration of the same −
def sort_max(row): return max(row) my_list = [[15, 27, 18], [39, 20, 13], [13, 15, 56], [43, 13, 25]] print("The list is :") print(my_list) my_list.sort(key = sort_max, reverse = True) print("The result is :") print(my_list)
The list is : [[15, 27, 18], [39, 20, 13], [13, 15, 56], [43, 13, 25]] The result is : [[13, 15, 56], [43, 13, 25], [39, 20, 13], [15, 27, 18]]
A method named ‘sort_max’ is defined that takes row as a parameter, and returns maximum element of row as output.
Outside the method, a list is defined and displayed on the console.
The list is sorted using ‘sort’ method and the key is specified as the previously defined method.
In addition to this, the ‘reverse’ parameter in ‘sort’ method is set to ‘True’ so that the list is reverse sorted.
This is the output that is displayed on the console.
- Python – Sort Matrix by Row Median
- Python – Sort Matrix by Maximum String Length
- Python – Sort by Maximum digit in Element
- Python program to Sort Tuples by their Maximum element
- Python – Sort Matrix by K Sized Subarray Maximum Sum
- Python – Sort row by K multiples
- Python Program to sort rows of a matrix by custom element count
- Python – Sort Matrix by total characters
- Python – Sort Matrix by None frequency
- Python – Sort Matrix by Palindrome count
- Find maximum element of each row in a matrix in C++
- How to divide the matrix rows by row maximum in R?
- Python – Sort Matrix by Number of elements greater than its previous element
- Maximum weight path ending at any element of last row in a matrix in C++
- How to divide matrix rows by maximum value in each row excluding 0 in R?