- Python Basic Tutorial
- Python - Home
- Python - Overview
- Python - Environment Setup
- Python - Basic Syntax
- Python - Comments
- Python - Variables
- Python - Data Types
- Python - Operators
- Python - Decision Making
- Python - Loops
- Python - Numbers
- Python - Strings
- Python - Lists
- Python - Tuples
- Python - Dictionary
- Python - Date & Time
- Python - Functions
- Python - Modules
- Python - Files I/O
- Python - Exceptions
- Python Advanced Tutorial
- Python - Classes/Objects
- Python - Reg Expressions
- Python - CGI Programming
- Python - Database Access
- Python - Networking
- Python - Sending Email
- Python - Multithreading
- Python - XML Processing
- Python - GUI Programming
- Python - Further Extensions
Python Program for simple interest
In this article, we will learn about the calculation of simple interest in Python 3.x. Or earlier.
Simple interest is calculated by multiplying the daily interest rate by the principal amount by the number of days that elapse between the payments.
Simple Interest = (P x T x R)/100 Where, P is the principal amount T is the time and R is the rate
If P = 1000,R = 1,T = 2 Then SI=20.0 Now let’s see how we can implement a simple interest calculator in Python.
P = 1000 R = 1 T = 2 # simple interest SI = (P * R * T) / 100 print("simple interest is", SI)
simple interest is 20.0
Here the simple interest is obtained three arithmetic products and one arithmetic division.
Now let’s see the scope of the variables declared. As shown in the figure below all variables are declared in the global scope.
In this article, we learned about simple interest and it’s implementation using Python script.
- Related Articles
- C Program for simple interest?
- Simple interest in Python Program
- Java Program to calculate Simple Interest and Compound Interest
- Swift Program to Calculate simple interest and compound interest
- Haskell Program to Calculate simple interest and compound interest
- Kotlin Program to calculate Simple Interest and Compound Interest
- C++ Program to Calculate simple interest and compound interest
- Java Program to Calculate Simple Interest
- Swift Program to Calculate Simple Interest
- Kotlin Program to Calculate Simple Interest
- Python Program for compound interest
- Python Program to Compute Simple Interest Given all the Required Values
- Explain Simple Interest.
- Compare simple interest and compound interest.