- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Performing binary thresholding on an image using OpenCV
In this program, we will perform binary thresholding on an image using openCV.
Thresholding is a process in which the value of each pixel is changed in relation to a threshold value. The pixel is given a certain value if it is less than the threshold and some other value if it is greater than the threshold. In binary thresholding, if the value of the pixel is less than the threshold, it will be given a 0 value, i.e., black. If it is greater than the threshold, it will be assigned 255, i.e., white.
Step 1: Import cv2. Step 2: Define threshold and max_val. Step 3: Pass these parameters in the cv2.threshold value and specify the type of thresholding you want to do. Step 4: Display the output.
import cv2 image = cv2.imread('testimage.jpg') threshold_value = 120 max_val = 255 ret, image = cv2.threshold(image, threshold_value, max_val, cv2.THRESH_BINARY) cv2.imshow('BinaryThresholding', image)
The ret variable in the program simply returns the threshold value. For any pixels having value greater than the threshold value, they are replaced by max_val, i.e., 255.
- Performing inverse binary thresholding on an image using OpenCV
- Performing truncate thresholding on an image using OpenCV
- Performing zero thresholding on an image using OpenCV
- Performing inverse zero thresholding on an image using OpenCV
- Performing an opening operation on an image using OpenCV
- Performing a closing operation on an image using OpenCV
- Draw rectangle on an image using OpenCV
- Draw an ellipse on an image using OpenCV
- Draw a line on an image using OpenCV
- Performing white TopHat operation on images using OpenCV
- Performing white BlackHat operation on images using OpenCV
- Upsampling an image using OpenCV
- Downsampling an image using OpenCV
- Histogram equalization on an image in OpenCV using Java.
- How to draw markers on an image using Java OpenCV library?