- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What type of reflector is used in a box-type solar cooker?
A plane mirror is used as the reflector in a box-type solar cooker.
Plane mirrors are used in box type solar cooker because it increases the efficiency of the solar cooker by reflecting a strong beam of sunlight inside the box, which further passes through a transparent medium (glass) and infrared rays present in the sunlight gets absorbed by the black surface of the box and the box becomes hot.
- Related Articles
- (a) Name that part of a box-type solar cooler which allow the sun's heat rays to enter the box but does not allow inside heat to go out.(b) Explain why, a plane mirror reflector is used in a box-type solar cooker.
- What is the range of temperature which can be achieved in a box-type solar cooker in two to three hours?
- (a) With the help of a labelled diagram, explain the construction and working of a solar cooker.(b) Why is the solar cooker box painted black from inside?(c) Why is the solar cooker box covered with a glass sheet?
- Solar cooker
- Which type of mirror is used in a solar furnace? Support your answer with reason.
- What type of mirror is used as a side mirror in a scooter? Why is this type of mirror chosen?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of using a solar cooker?
- What type of reactions occurring inside the sun produce solar energy?
- Name the type of mirrors used in the design of solar furnaces. Explain how temperature is achieved by this device.
- How to prepare the model of solar cooker ?
- What type of soil is used to grow cotton plants?
- What type of lens is used to correct (a) hypermetropia (b) myopia?
- How to specify the type of box used for an HTML element using CSS?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of using a solar cooker? Are there places where solar cookers would have limited utility?
- Solar energy can be directly converted to electrical energy by which of the following devices?(a) solar cooker (b) solar heater (c) solar cell (d) solar geyser