- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What is the name of calcium deficiency disease?
Calcium is important for many bodily functions, so a lack of it can affect the muscles, bones, teeth, and mental health, among other things.
Hypocalcemia, also called calcium deficiency disease, is when there isn't enough calcium in the blood.
Long-term calcium deficiency can cause changes in the teeth, cataracts, and the brain, as well as osteoporosis, which makes the bones weak.
There may be no early signs of calcium deficiency. Over time, a person may develop osteopenia, which means their bones aren't as dense as they should be. It's usually not too bad, but if you don't treat it, it can get really bad and even kill you.
A calcium deficiency can also be caused by health problems or treatments, like kidney failure, having your stomach removed, or taking certain drugs, like diuretics.
- Related Articles
- What are the symptoms of Calcium Deficiency?
- Name the disease caused by the deficiency of insulin hormone in the body.
- Name the disease caused by the deficiency of thyroxine hormone in the body.
- What is deficiency disease of vitamin E, vitamin K, and phosphorus?
- What is the commercial name of calcium sulphate hemihydrate?
- Fill in the blanks:(a) _____ is caused by a deficiency of Vitamin D.(b) Deficiency of ______ causes a disease known as beri-beri.(c) Deficiency of Vitamin C causes a disease known as ______.(d) Night blindness is caused due to deficiency of ______ in our food.
- Why are women more prone to Calcium Deficiency?
- What is deficiency?
- What are protein carbohydrates deficiency diseases ? Name the two diseases?
- What is Disease?
- What are the symptoms of Vitamin D deficiency?
- What is nosema disease?
- Name the disorder by which person is likely to suffer due to the deficiency of the hormone testosterone.
- What are deficiency diseases?
- Name some Calcium-rich food items.