- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What is the cleaning action of soaps?
The cleaning action of soap is based on the following principle:
(1) Soap dissolves in water to form soap micelles.
(2) In water, a sodium soap dissolves to form sodium cations and soap anions. The soap anions have a hydrophobic hydrocarbon chain which is soluble in grease and oil. The hydrophilic end remains separated in water by the action of ion repulsion.
(3) When Clothes are rinsed, these micelles are washed away with water.
- Related Articles
- Explain the mechanism of the cleaning action of soaps.
- Explain the mechanism of the cleaning action of soaps.ORExplain the cleansing action of soaps.
- What is the difference between soaps and detergents? State in brief the cleansing action of soaps in removing an oily spot from a fabric. Why are soaps not very effective when a fabric is washed in hard water? How is this problem resolved?
- What is Data Cleaning?
- What is the function of action in JSP?
- What is the use of Action in JSP?
- Both soap and detergent are some type of salts. What is the difference between them? Describe in brief the cleansing action of soap. Why do soaps not form lather in hard water? List two problems that arise due to the use of detergents instead of soaps.
- What is the difference between the chemical composition of soaps and detergents?State in brief the soaps in removing an oily spot from a shirt. Why soaps are not considered suitable for washing when water is hard?
- What is the Ganga Action Plan?
- What is the use of jsp plugin action element?
- What is the use of jsp text action element?
- Before cleaning a vessel, I saw bacteria in it. I saw 5 baceteria on it. After cleaning the vessel I found only 60% of bacteria is vanished. So, what is count of bacteria that is still present in the vessel after cleaning?
- What are the other uses of toothpaste, apart from cleaning teeth?
- What is the difference between a voluntary and an involuntary action? Which kind of action is digestion? Explain your choice.
- How is ultrasound used for cleaning?