- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Explain the importance of reproduction in organisms.
Reproduction, often known as breeding, is the act of creating new children by fusing the gametes of the parents. Reproduction involving male and female parents is known as sexual reproduction. Reproduction in living organisms is the vital process of producing offspring that are biologically or genetically similar to the parent organism. It is essential to maintain the continuity of species on the earth.
For example: If there are only 20 tigers in the forest and if they do not reproduce, new tigers will not be added to the existing population, and species can become extinct from the forest.
There are two forms of reproduction: sexual and asexual.
(i) Asexual reproduction method
This technique of reproduction does not involve the fusing of gametes and is primarily observed in unicellular and lower organismal animals.
(ii) Sexual reproduction method
It is the procedure whereby male and female gametes unite to form a new life. The male reproductive system includes sperm ducts, the penis, and the testes, which are responsible for sperm production. The female reproductive system includes ovaries that generate eggs, oviducts, and the uterus.
The significance of reproduction:
- It maintains equilibrium between the birth and mortality rates.
- In the process of reproduction, new people replace the old.
- The number of species within an environment rises through reproduction.
- The parents transfer their genes to their kids.
- This ultimately results in the evolution of species.
- The consequence of reproductive differences among species and their adaptability to varied environments.
The advantages of sexual reproduction over asexual reproduction are as follows:
- There is greater genetic diversity, allowing species to survive in a community.
- The odds of survival for offspring created by sexual reproduction are greater than those for offspring produced asexually.
- Because of genetic recombination, the offspring possess the qualities of both parents.
- Related Articles
- Reproduction in Organisms MCQs
- What is the importance of Reproduction?
- Explain the term Reproduction?
- Explain how sexual reproduction gives rise to more viable variations than asexual reproduction. How does this affect the evolution of those organisms that reproduce sexually?
- Explain Reproduction in human.
- Explain the importance of data.
- Explain the importance of insulators.
- Explain Respiration in organisms.
- (a) What is reproduction? List its two types.(b) How are the modes of reproduction different in unicellular and multicellular organisms?
- Explain the importance of financial management.
- Explain the importance of centralized databases
- Explain the importance of import keyword in java?
- Explain the importance of SafeViewArea in React Native?
- Explain the importance of exponents and power.
- Explain the importance of valuation in merger and acquisition