- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Describe double circulation of blood in human beings. Why is it necessary?
Double circulation: The circulatory system in which the blood travels twice through the heart in one complete cycle is known as double circulation.
Double circulations do not allow mixing the oxygenated and deoxygenated blood by transporting the blood twice through the heart. Thus, it helps in maintaining high blood pressure and enables oxygenated blood to flow toward different tissues and organs of the body.
Given below is an image of the human heart with its main parts.
The four-chambered heart contains two pumps that operate simultaneously. The right side of the heart stores blood that has been deoxygenated and delivered to the lungs via pulmonary circulation. The left half of the heart functions as an additional pump. It includes just oxygenated blood from the lungs and is transported throughout the body via systemic circulation. Thus, the heart does not mix oxygenated and deoxygenated blood. Blood circulates twice via the heart, in pulmonary and systemic circulations. The term for this sort of circulation is double circulation.
Humans require double circulation to prevent the mixing of oxygenated and deoxygenated blood, which increases the efficiency of the circulatory system and aids in maintaining a consistent body temperature.
- Related Articles
- List Four Functions of the Human Heart. Why Is Double Circulation Necessary in The Human Body?
- Name one animal having single circulation of blood and another having double circulation.
- Describe the process of fertilization in human beings.
- Why is Agriculture important for human beings?
- Why it is necessary to separate oxygenated and deoxygenated blood by mammals and birds?
- Why do human beings feel pain in the body?
- Name The Organs That Form the Excretory System in Human Beings. Describe in Brief How Urine Is Produced in Human Body.
- Evolution of Human Beings
- Why is it necessary to do sex?
- (a) What is blood ? Why is it red ?(b) State the functions of blood in our body.(c) Name a circulatory fluid in the human body other than blood.
- Is it possible for human beings to live without any goals?
- Why is it necessary to conserve our environment?
- Why is it necessary to excrete waste products?
- Is the life of human beings too boring?
- Why it is necessary to balance the chemical equation?