- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Define Fertilizers and Manure. Also, explain their differences.
Manure is a natural substance that is obtained by the decomposition of dead wastes of plants, humans and animals, excreta, and other wastes.
Fertilizers are chemical compounds that include salts or organic compounds like urea, ammonium sulfate, sodium nitrate, etc. which is necessary for plant nutrients such as nitrogen phosphorus or potassium.
The difference between Fertilizer and Manure are as follows:
|Fertilizer ||Manure |
1. It is Natural Substances.
|1. It may be an artificial (chemical) or natural substance.|
|2. It provides a lot of humus to the soil.||2. It doesn't provide any humus to the soil.|
|3. It is absorbed slowly by the plants.||3. It is easily absorbed by the plants.|
|4. It is prepared in the field.||4. It is prepared in the factories.|
|5. It is not very rich in essential plant nutrients.||5. It is rich in plant nutrients like nitrogen, phosphorus or potassium.|
|6. It improves the quality of soil and doesn't cause any harm to the organisms.||6. It harms the organisms present in the soil and also causes health problems to the consumer of the crops.|
|7. It is cheap.||7. It is costly.|
|8. Example- Green Manure, Compost Manure.||8. Example- Urea, Super Phosphate.|
- Related Articles
- Why are manure and fertilizers used in fields?
- Define Disease. Also, explain its types.
- What are different database models? Explain their differences
- Define and explain Photosynthesis.
- Explain how fertilisers are different from manure.
- 'Organic farming' does not include(a) green manure (b) chemical fertilizers (c) crop rotation (d) compost and farmyard manures
- Define and explain sclerenchyma tissues.
- Differences between DNA and RNA and their Functions
- Define breathing. State the differences between breathing and respiration.
- What are fertilizers? Name any three fertilizers..
- Define Cell, and explain it in detail.
- Define Speed And Velocity. What Are Their SI Units?
- Agriculture Fertilizers
- Explain the differences between real and virtual images.
- Explain fractions and their types with examples.