- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Network operating System (RTOS)
An operating system (OS) is basically a collection of software that manages computer hardware resources and provides common services for computer programs. Operating system is a crucial component of the system software in a computer system.
Network Operating System is one of the important type of operating system.
Network Operating System runs on a server and gives the server the capability to manage data, users, groups, security, applications, and other networking functions. The basic purpose of the network operating system is to allow shared file and printer access among multiple computers in a network, typically a local area network (LAN), a private network or to other networks.
Some examples of network operating systems include Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Microsoft Windows Server 2008, UNIX, Linux, Mac OS X, Novell NetWare, and BSD.
Centralized servers are highly stable.
Security is server managed.
Upgradation of new technologies and hardware can be easily integrated into the system.
It is possible to remote access to servers from different locations and types of systems.
High cost of buying and running a server.
Dependency on a central location for most operations.
Regular maintenance and updates are required.
- Difference Between Network Operating System and Distributed Operating System
- What is the Network Operating System?
- What is the Windows 2000 Operating System in Computer Network?
- Layered Operating System
- Hybrid Operating System
- Operating System Generations
- Operating System Debugging
- Operating System Structure
- Operating System Operations
- Operating System Definition
- Batch operating system
- Distributed operating System
- Operating System Design Goals
- Semaphores in Operating System
- Time-Sharing Operating system